Chapter 14: Show Me Heaven

Start from the beginning

"And what do you plan to do for a living?" Mrs Montez queried.

"Well…I'm not sure yet, I want to go to college, I'd love to be a teacher, maybe a P.E teacher. I'm quite good at sports." Troy said.

"Well that sounds like a good plan; I'll certainly want Gabriella to be provided for. Marriage is a hard thing." Mr Montez said and Troy choked on his water.

"Ma…Marriage?" He muttered and everyone laughed.

"It's a little early to be thinking about that isn't it?" He asked hoping they were joking.

"Yes it is." Gabriella said firmly, looking no –where but her father.

"Yes, I suppose it is, more gravy Mr Bolton?" Gabriella's father asked offering the jug of gravy across the table.

Troy felt Gabriella's hand touch his from under the table and he smiled across at her, she was crimson in her cheeks and he too could feel embarrassment rise in him.

"I must say I'm quite pleased. Ever since you and Gabriella have been dating, Gabriella has become very happy. And she no longer comes home with vicious bruises all over her body." Mrs Montez said.

"What do you mean, bruises?" Mrs Bolton asked, as she swallowed a potato.

"Oh Gabriella used to get bullied a lot, she's come home with black eyes and bruised arms, it wasn't very…nice but Troy seems to have dealt with that."

"Oh are you well known in the school Troy?" Mr Montez questioned.

"Well…there…aren't many who don't know me, 'Troy answered, "Mrs Montez, the Yorkshire Pudding is great."

Mrs Montez looked pleased.

"I have an idea, 'Mrs Bolton said quickly, "Perhaps, we can go out to dinner later, tonight. Jacks treat of course." She laughed.

"Yes and then you can come back to ours for a brandy." Mrs Montez said happily.

"Hmm, that'll be lovely." Mr Montez agreed.

"Do we have to go?" Troy asked, looking awkward.

"If you don't want to, order in some movies and have movie night." Mrs Bolton exclaimed.

"I'd like that." Gabriella whispered.

"It's arranged then." Mr Bolton answered.

And they continued their meal.

Gabriella came over Troy's house that night, she was excited to see him, she was shocked her father had even agreed to allow them to be alone…in an empty house…together…just them!

She had waved her parents goodbye with Troy, they would be home late they had told them. Troy had led Gabriella into the living room and let her pick a film to watch. She had of course, chose Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.

After at least an hour of watching the film Troy found Gabriella asleep on his shoulder, he laughed and turned the television off. He picked her up and carried her into his room, he settled her down into his bed and smiled, he leaned down and kissed her cheek softly.