"What took you so- Seungcheol." Min Soo paused to acknowledge Scoups' presence.

"There were incidents." I plainly replied, not wanting to distract them from their eye communication.

"Let's get inside." Brusqued Scoups, ushering me inside.

"Get your first-aid kit." He told me and I did what I was told. We went to my office and Scoups did the job.

"I can treat the cut on your neck but I'm not so sure what to do with your wrist." He said as he gently placed a band aid over the wound after wiping it clean. "We should go to the doctor for that."

"No, stay here. Who knows what other incidents might occur if you go outside." Min Soo entered the conversation and towered us with his height.

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Scoups asked him, his voice slightly forceful.

"Let me check it first." He knelt in front of me and checked my wrist.

"Are you some kind of expert at this?"

"No, but he knows a thing or two." Scoups replied with a smile and that smile disappeared as soon as I looked at him with a questioning look.

"Seungcheol once had the same injury and I was the one who treated it." Min Soo added, throwing a quick glance at Scoups' foot. "He was quite a klutz, twisting his ankle from too eagerness to practice their new dance." Min Soo let out a low chuckle as he reminisced the memory.

"I wasn't a klutz. Accidents like that are bound to happen." Reasoned out Scoups with a flustered face.

"You two are pretty close, huh." My tongue slipped and I hated myself for not being able to stay silent. The good atmosphere building between the two shattered, turning serious and dry.

"It's a sprain. Don't move it too much and apply cold compress." Min Soo adviced as he stood up from his kneeling position. "I'll drive you home later so Seungcheol, you can go now." He added, throwing Scoups a quick glance before leaving the room.

"Then I better be off. See you later." Said Scoups, his tone somehow broody.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked, stopping him from opening the door.

"You didn't. I just realized something." The last part was said in a whisper so I didn't hear it and when I inquired about it, Scoups didn't breath a word and just left.

Just what is between those two?

--

"Let's go." Said Min Soo and I followed him to his car.

"About those incidents," He trailed off, waiting for me to say something.

"I know. It looked like small random incidents but I know she's moving behind it." I clenched my fists tighter, trying to murder her in my mind out of pure anger and hate.

"I'll have my men on watch 24 hours. They may not be able to react right away but it's better than nothing."

He stopped the car right outside the dorm where Seventeen was waiting probably for me.

I went out of the car without any other word. Scoups walked past by me and went straight to Min Soo. The other members started going inside but I stopped Jeonghan from joining them.

"I'm dying to ask this. Please feel free to keep your mouth shut. I won't do anything to you if you do that."

"I doubt that. You're face is already screaming danger." He laughed a little at his not-funny statement.

"What is with those two? I want to know." I bluntly asked, cutting off Jeonghan's moment of happiness.

"I don't really know the whole story." He paused, leading his gaze to the two who seemed to be talking about something serious.

"And?" I urged him to spill everything he knows.

"I just know one thing." He once again paused which irked me.

"Can you please stop being a cliffhanger?" I glared, trying to squeeze some words out of him.

"Once upon a time," I rolled my eyes at his cliche of an introduction but as long as he'd tell me then it's okay.

"Those two were close friends. Very close. They loved the same girl, I won't tell you her identity but yeah, same girl."

"Then?" My chest was starting to feel tight. I didn't know Scoups loved another girl. Well of course that's expected, it's not like he didn't meet other girls before me.

"She died."

"What?"

"Their story ended in a tragedy. It scarred their hearts. Wondering why Scoups always tells you not to get close with Min Soo?" I nodded slightly, still shocked about Jeonghan's latest information.

"Min Soo blamed himself. He couldn't forgive himself for what happened and because he couldn't do that, Scoups also refused to forgive him. Though Min Soo is not to be blamed for it." He turned to face me, seriousness emitted from his eyes.

"And now that he knows your life is always on the line, he wants to protect you alone. He wouldn't allow Min Soo to get involved because he doesn't want Min Soo to feel the same pain again if something, take note if something, were to happen to you. Let's just say it's Scoups' own way of protecting him."

I was in awe. Once again, Scoups amazed me. He is willing to shoulder everything for the sake of his loved ones.

Compared to me who is selfish. Can I do something like that?