As they approached the cage, I backed away instinctively, my back pressing against the cold metal. My captor's face was expressionless, but there was a glint in his eye that suggested he found some satisfaction in my plight. The unknown figure remained silent, their gaze fixed on me, evaluating, calculating. The room felt smaller, the air thicker, as I waited for them to reveal their intentions.

Your passage effectively introduces a sense of danger and uncertainty through the use of a language barrier. Here's a revised version with additional detail to enhance the atmosphere and character interaction:

The Grounder, whom I now knew as Rix, leaned casually against the doorframe, his eyes fixed on me with a mixture of curiosity and contempt. "Look chit osir hir Machi (look what we have here Machi)," he said in a tone that suggested amusement. The unfamiliar language twisted around me, adding to my sense of disorientation and helplessness.

I stared at them, trying to glean some meaning from their expressions, but their faces were inscrutable. Machi, the other Grounder who had accompanied Rix, was a stark contrast to his companion. Where Rix was rugged and imposing, Machi had a leaner build and a more calculating demeanor. "Onya was right. Em ste a handsome specimen (Anya was right. He is a handsome specimen)," Machi remarked, his voice smooth but carrying an underlying sharpness.

Rix chuckled, a sound that sent a shiver down my spine. "Ai wonder em's as smart as em ste handsome? Chit about yu Rix? (I wonder if he's as smart as he is handsome?)" Machi continued, his gaze piercing as he studied me.

Rix's response was a sneer, his disdain clear even without understanding his words. "Em tiam em's the stupidest won gon hogeda emo Skai Kru, em will learn quickly pleni (Even if he's the stupidest of all those Sky People, he will learn quickly enough)," he said with a mocking edge.

Their conversation, though mostly lost on me, was enough to heighten my anxiety. Their tone, their body language, the way they looked at me - it all conveyed a sense of impending threat. Rix then clapped his hands together, a signal that seemed to mark the end of their observation and the beginning of something more ominous. "Tiek's ge started, shall ostir (Let's get started, shall we)?" he said with a laugh that echoed chillingly in the small room.

As they approached the cage, I could feel my heart pounding against my chest, each beat a loud drum in the silent room. I braced myself, not knowing what to expect but aware that whatever was to come, it wouldn't be in my favor. Their laughter and the clinking of keys were the last things I heard before the cage door swung open, marking the start of an unknown and daunting ordeal.

The moment the cage door creaked open, Rix's strong hand clamped around my arm, yanking me out with a force that left no room for resistance. I stumbled, barely catching my balance before being shoved harshly against the rough, wooden wall of the room. The texture of the wall scraped against my skin, a stark reminder of my vulnerability in this situation.

Before I could attempt to understand their intentions, I was hoisted up and pressed against a massive wooden structure in the shape of an X. It loomed ominously in the dim light, its purpose sinister and unmistakable. The wood was old and splintered, its surface harsh against my back. Rix and Machi moved with practiced efficiency, strapping my limbs to the structure, the bindings tight and unyielding. Their hands were impersonal, their movements methodical, as if I were nothing more than an object to them. Once they secured me, they left the room, their footsteps echoing in the hollow space. The silence that followed was heavy, filled with the weight of my racing thoughts and mounting fear. I tested the restraints, but there was no give, only the biting pressure against my wrists and ankles.

The door creaked open again, and the pair returned, each carrying a chair. They positioned themselves a few feet away, their faces expressionless, their eyes cold and calculating. The reality of my situation sank in deeper with each passing second. I could very well die in this chamber, never to see my sister, my friends, or anyone from my past life again. The thought was suffocating, a tightness growing in my chest. As I hung there, bound and helpless, I realized that the last images that might ever fill my vision could be the emotionless faces of Rix and Machi. These meathead oafs, as I had come to think of them, might be the final witnesses to my existence. The thought filled me with a mix of anger and despair, a cocktail of emotions that was as potent as it was futile. In this dimly lit room, far from everything I knew and loved, I faced an uncertain and possibly grim fate.