CH 7

Chapter 7

Full Moon Shenanigans

Wednesday went quickly according to Felicia. She went through the day with multiply questions about what happened to her neck for she had removed the bandage around it. She got out of sport which made Felicia very pleased and before she knew it she was sitting on the floor in the living room packing a bag for the events happening that night. In the bag were spare changes of clothes, bandages, her notebook, pen and a torch.

The pack had also given her a metal baseball bat. When Felicia had questioned them on their gift they had replied with “We want you to feel safe” and Felicia stomach dropped. They could sense her fear somehow when they were up against the vampires.

Well, it wasn’t her fault, it's whatever killed her parents fault. She didn’t remember much from that night but one thing was certain, whatever did it had claws. Long, animalistic claws. That thing was the cause of her nightmares ever since she was little. It was the reason she didn’t have a family, the reason she wasn’t put in the foster care system because the only one who could deal with it was Ms Hayden. It was so stupid, why couldn’t she have a fear of spiders not a fear of what her pack has?

“Yo, you ready?” a voice above her said.

Felicia looked up to see Thomas towering over her.

“Yeah,” she said, swinging her bag over her jacketed shoulder.

“Let’s go, then.” He said walking out of the room.

Felicia jogged out the door and headed past the Jeep which belonged to Kade but was pushed into the passenger seat by Alesia.

“You’re going in the car with Kade,” she said bouncing on the balls of her feet.

“Let me guess,” replied Felicia, “You guys are running there?”

“Absolutely!” she exclaimed, excitedly and ran over to the others.

Felicia sighed and made herself comfortable in her seat. In a matter of seconds, Kade had joined her and telling by the shine in his eyes he was excited too.

“Um, I can walk,” Felicia said as Kade started the car and the other ran off.

“I always take the car so don’t worry about it,” he said, politely.

“Okay,” she said, looking away.

Kade backed out of the driveway and they were off. The ride there was silent and awkward. The tension between the two was unbearable. Though Felicia couldn’t understand why there the tension was there. Every time she had tried to catch his eye he’d looked away. Felicia had even tried to tap him on the shoulder but when her hand got close he became stock still and only relaxed when her hand was beck in her lap. He had left her with no choice but to look out the window. She watch as the sun went down turning the sky into a beautiful orange-red colour and then into a lovely soft pink colour. Felicia vaguely remembered that someone told her that if the sky was pink it would be hot the next day.

They had driven a far distance from the house when Kade asked Felicia something.

“Why did you say yes?”

“Yes to what?” she questioned, confused.

“To being part of the pack,” he replied as they turned a particularly sharp corner that made Felicia lean into the car door.

After recovering herself, Felicia dove into an explanation.

“Well, it, um, just felt right, you know, like, um, how do I put this? It was like destiny, I guess. It was like all of the things that had happened in my life were leading up to the moment I saw you guys, the feeling only came when we made eye-contact.”