CH 3

Chapter 3

School and Revelations

The school bell rang as hundreds of kids ran through the gates of said school. Felicia walked in glaring at the people, who taunted her to no end, coming right at her.

“Piss off, Trent, I’m planning on having a nice day and I don’t want it ruined by your ugly face,” She said matter-of-factly, pushing through the group.

That is if she could but Trent and his cronies had made a wall surrounding her.

“Oh, come on, orphan, you can do better than that,” Trent mocked, pulling her close and slowly moving his hand down her back until she swatted it away.

“I can do better than that but since it is way too early on a Monday morning, you’re gonna have to deal with this,”

And without warning, she brought her knee straight up into his groin. Trent fell like a sack of potatoes.

“Bitch,” he grunted.

“Oh, come on, Trent, you can do better than that,” Felicia said in the same tone of voice Trent used when those words came out of his mouth.

She spun around, and walked off with her school skirt and plait swishing to each of her steps.

I’m gonna pay for that big time

She walked in to homeroom and waited for the homeroom bell to ring. Felicia wondered as she always does what it would be like to have a family and not be stuck in an orphanage, to be normal and not be so lonely she has to hide from being looked at from being alone. She doesn’t mind being alone, she is an introvert after all but that doesn’t mean she likes it. She sighed.

“Things are never going to change, are they?” she asked to the silence.

“That’s what I thought.”

She waited, reading her book for felt like hours but it always feels like that in school. Finally the school bell rang indicating home room. Felicia got up from lying on the tables and went to sit in her spot before the stampede came. The stampede doesn’t go to where she sit, it’s just annoying when she standing and they are running around catching up with people they saw two minute ago or whatever they talk about.

The stampede arrived, carrying three new people that Felicia recognised instantly.

 It was Alesia, Dana and Christopher. As soon as she got over shock the substitute teacher they have had for the past month, Ms Brown, started to talk.

“Hello class,” she said in her usual droning voice, “As you can see we have new students. They are Christopher Davis, Alesia Jones and Dana Sondo, make them feel welcome,”

Ms Brown sat down at her desk and marked the roll. The new trio stood scanning the classroom, trying to find somewhere to sit; they spotted Felicia and smiled excitedly and walked over but were interrupted by a girl stopping them as she saw where they were going.

“Don’t talk to her,” Felicia heard the girl say, “That girl is weird, she 16 and in an orphanage, she’s violent and she acts so innocent and all the teachers pity her cause she doesn’t have a family but she acts like she top bitch and”

“Stop right there, we are going to be the judge of what kind of person she is.” Alesia stated, cutting the girl off.

They walked over to Felicia and sat down at her row of tables. Alesia sitting on her left with Dana beside her and Chris on her right. Felicia looked down at her lap and smiled.

“Thank you,” she said barley over a whisper.

“For what?” Chris asked.

Felicia was startled, she had said that so quietly, how could they of possibly heard that?