7: I want to cry

Looking up, you saw only the blackness of the sky. Why did it take so long to get home? Feeling cool air chill your skin, you got a look at your quiet breaths as you looked up at the address numbers of your home: 58777. Ironic.
You slowly approached the front door, holding your hand up to the doorknob. You paused for a moment, before opening the door fully. There, on the couch facing the front door, was your Father and Mother. You cursed mentally. They were smiling. Smiling. They never smiled in front of you.

"Well, look who's late again." Your father spoke in a calm voice. You bit your lip as your Mother took a drink of.... water?

"Well, Y/n, your being late is interfering with your work time." Your Mother spoke in response, putting the glass down. You were scared before, but this is not in any way good. Your parents always called you It, or nothing at all. They almost only drank alcohol, and they were never calm around you.

"Well, we've decided to set down a new rule." Your father spoke. You breathed heavily, biting the inside of your cheek.

"All the work you miss, must be made up over the night, before we get up, or the consequences will be severe." He looked at you with a deadly glare, his e/c eyes burning into your own pools. You nodded.

"Good. Now, hop to it." Both your parents stood, leaving the room, presumably to their room. You sighed and got to work.

First was most likely the kitchen, as that was somehow usually the messiest room. Picking up junk mail that was usually left on the counter, you threw it out. Chances were nothing important was in there. You then got to putting away stuff that your parents had taken out, ranging from peanut butter, to rice, to even flour. You picked up all the food and put those in their rightful places before feeling a crunch under your feet.

Looking down, you saw a broken glass jar of jelly. Thank Irene you kept your shoes on. You grabbed a rag and wet it, carefully picking up the glass pieces and wiping the jelly off the linoleum floor. Sighing, you looked around. More stuff had to be done, and you had all night.

Four hours, two floors, and much cleaning later, you crawled into the garage. Taking one last look at the microwave, you noted the time. I:OP. You squinted and rubbed your eyes. 1:09. You sighed in relief. You weren't going blind. You climbed to the pile of newspapers that acted as your bed, and got as comfortable as you could. Today had gone well, with no beatings. That was a first.

You groaned as consciousness slipped away from you, and you finally got to sleep.

You awoke, once again, to a bright light in your eyes. Opening them before rolling over, onto a cold stone floor, you pushed yourself up and fell back down. You attempted to shake off your weariness, and failed. You grabbed a stair in front of you and used it to drag yourself up. Almost falling over again, you entered the house. You didn't remember if you left your school at bag, or if you cleaned up your room. Oh, wait. You didn't have a room. You groaned and managed to get yourself out of the room. Feeling your vision blur, you slowly got over to the sink and splashed some water on your face. Looking up, you saw your vision clear up.

You sighed before stumbling over to the front door. Getting out, you started the perilous walk to school. The cold air on your body helped keep you awake, but you were still going at speeds comparable to a slug. As you continued, blinking drowsily, you heard something honk beside you. Before you could look over, you heard a car door open and looked to your right. You were greeted by the sight of a car beside you, with Ivy in front of it, approaching you.

"Oh. Hello Ivy." Your words were slurred, and sluggish. You felt her grab your collar and drag you towards the car. You tried to resist, but you were pulled into the car. Ivy reached over you and shut the door. The car started to drive forward, driven by an unidentifiable female.