Chapter 48. The Divine Move

Start from the beginning

Void Stiles shook his head from side to side, “I have some business to attend to. Feel free to watch me kill your new boyfriend.” 

Once again he disappeared. What does he mean my “new” boyfriend? Stiles and I are still very much together. 

I panicked and ran into a classroom, making my way to a window. I could see that the Nogitsune was still sitting on the steps at school. I wanted to stop him, but then I saw Derek walk up. He was in wolf form, gripping a wooden cylindrical box of some sort.

“Did you bring us a present?” the Nogitsune asked, through my body. It felt weird sitting here watching this all happen and not having a single ounce of control over the situation in the slightest. 

Derek sat the box on the ground, the shadows in the tunnel allowed his bright blue eyes to stand out perfectly. I then noticed two more sets of bright blue eyes illuminating behind him. Derek smirked, “I brought two.” 

“I’ve heard of an Alpha pack, Derek, but not a pack of former Alphas. It’s a little sad, isn’t it?” the Nogitsune said, using a very condescending tone. 

Derek and the twins began to approach my body and the two Oni behind me, “I might not be an Alpha anymore, but I can still fight like one.” he finished before growling. 

I could hear the Oni drawing their swords and whipping them through the air as Derek and the twins rushed forwards. I wanted to stay and watch the outcome, to make sure that Derek got out alright, but I need to find a way to get control of my body again. 

And I can’t do that by sitting here. 

I turned away from the window and made my way back into the hall. It was dark, not a single light was on. I know where I’m at, my locker is about ten feet down the hall… so that means the lobby is close too. 

Without thinking I made my way to the lobby. Maybe my brain is set up like the school, if it is then I need to get to the office, and that is in the lobby. I nearly tripped down the stairs I was walking so fast. 

I could hear voices coming from the other side of the main entrance door. It was the Nogitsune’s voice— not Void Stiles. I began to run, and I pushed the door open managing to once again fall onto my hands and knees. 

The snow on the ground caught me, instead of letting me hit the concrete that should have been there. Why is there snow? I glanced up and found myself in a Japanese garden. The Nogitsune was walking around, this time he looked the way he did when I saw him for the first time. In a pair of Khaki’s and a pilot leather jacket, the wraps around every inch of skin on his body. 

I pushed myself up into a standing position and glanced around in confusion, “What is this?” I asked him. 

He took a few steps forwards, “This is me keeping my promise.” 

Across the garden, another door appeared and I stood there, frozen, as I watched Scott, Stiles, Lydia, and Kira all walk in. They didn’t notice me at first, and for a moment I thought that maybe they couldn’t see me— but then Stiles turned his head. 

“Kasey?” he whispered in disbelief. 

I didn’t hesitate to rush forward, practically falling against him. His arms wrapped around me instantly and he buried his face in my hair. I could feel the light dusting of snow hitting my cheeks, and for a moment we were both okay. 

That moment didn’t last long. 

I pulled back out of the embrace and looked over him, “Are you getting worse? You are aren’t you? He wasn’t lying when he told me you were sick… was he?”