Kusunagi Izumo I

Genre: fluff
Word Count: 734 words
Requested By: @Nikki_1889
« I'm not sure if this was how you wanted the event to unfold but hope you like it nonetheless :') thanks for requesting (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾ !! »

💮💮💮

To say you were mad or furious even, couldn't quite make the cut since those were just the subtle emotions raging at the back of your mind.

You were more disappointed than angry.

And definitely annoyed, yet it wasn't directed at your cheating boyfriend— or should I say ex-boyfriend— but more towards your best friend who was sending you a smirk from the other side of the bar counter.

"y/n you really should stop picking the wrong guys," Seri sighed, taking a sip of her drink before she continued, "perhaps you need better glasses."

"or perhaps I should start considering girls."
you retorted, rolling your eyes at the female lieutenant.

"or you can consider dating me hm?"
Izumo winked, resting his head on the back of his hand as he eavesdropped on their conversation.

You held back from rolling your eyes yet another time and decided to opt for chugging the remaining liquid left in your glass.

"Well, I have to go or I'll be late. Don't bully her too much Izumo!"
Seri mused, taking her purse with her as she left the bar.

Honestly, you were kind of envious of her relationship with Reisi, since they always knew how to pamper each other with all sorts of ways.

"—and to think you tried to convince me that he was the one just last month."
Izumo's voice snapped you back from your thoughts as you turned to face the male taking a sit beside you.

"Oh, just quit it, will you?"
you huffed, stirring the ice in your glass with your straw.

"It's just...he really treated me differently as compared to the other jerks I've dated so I just thought perhaps—"

"That's the thing y/n. You're too naive for this world."
He sighed, his eyes not leaving your face.

"Or maybe all guys are just jerks in general."
You shrugged.

He watched your fingers loosely played with the straw that was stabbing at those mini ice-cubes, wondering how on earth you didn't realize his feelings for you.

Everyone in Homra and Scepter 4 knew about Izumo's love for you but never understood why he continued to let you get mistreated by guys that were way below your worth.

He chuckled inwardly, knowing if Tarara was still around, he would've shoved both of you in a closet and made sure you guys leave while holding each other's hands.

"Should I seriously start considering dating girls?"
You asked, finally darting your attention to the male who had been awfully quiet for a while.

"Izumo?"
You called, fingers finally letting go of the poor straw.

"Kusanagi Izumo!"
You were about to snap your fingers at his face when he grabbed your wrist and pulled you towards him.

"W-what—"

"That would actually be a problem y/n," He frowned, his free hand caressing the side of your cheek, "I can't afford to change my gender if it turns out that way."

He chuckled, watching your brows knit together in confusion before your eyes widened at the meaning behind his words.

"I-Izumo, you're joking, right?"
You exclaimed, not believing the slightest bit that your best friend would ever fall for you.

I mean you did like him way before the first jerk you broke up with but you never dared to invest anything about it, afraid it might ruin the pleasant friendship between you two.

"Really y/n... how much more oblivious can you get?"

And before you know it, he had already leaned forward and capture those soft sweet lips of yours as your snail brain tried to process what was happening.

"Is not kissing me back your way of rejecting me?"
He pouted, to which your cheeks flared different shades of red when you finally understood what he just did.

"N-no I was just...urm..."
You stumbled with your reply as your eyes darted from his eyes to his soft lips.

"I just..."
You finally gave up and buried your face in his chest, not wanting to embarrass yourself any further.

Izumo couldn't help but smile at your adorable reaction, his fingers gently combing through your locks.

"Those guys may have been jerks, but that's because they didn't know how to treasure someone as precious as you," He whispered those sweet words right by your ear while interlacing his free hand with yours,

"and I believe it's about time you deserve to be treated right."
He finished softly with an endearing kiss to your head.