Munakata Reisi I

"[L/N]-chan~ Are you free now?"

Your partner, [name], slipped her hand over your shoulders causally, while a soft sigh escaped from your lips.

"[name], I have work to do."
You brushed her arm away coldly, before resuming typing those stack of informations into your computer.

[name] puffed her cheeks out in anger as she stormed away.

It had always been like that for you. Everyday, you'll report to work at 9am sharp and only go for break during lunch, then you'll resume your work till late at night. You were always the last to leave because people often take your hard work for grunted. They'll causally dump their workload on you if they need to leave early and you had never voice out any form of complaint.

[name] was the only person who would approach you and offer any assistance, but as always, you'll reject it. After all, you didn't want to burden her with such meaningless work. She had her own family waiting for her and you couldn't possibly rob them any more of her time.

Family...huh.

Stretching both your arms up as you yawned, your [e/c] eyes glanced at the clock above you—01:00am.

Knowing it was time for you to leave, you packed your stuff up and locked the office door.

"Good work today, [L/N]-kun."

"M-Munakata-sama!"
You flinched, turning to face the blue King.

You could feel your heart beat a tad bit faster from the sudden presence of your boss. Furthermore, it's rather absurd for him to still be around at this point of time.

"A-ano...Munakata-sama..."

"Munakata is fine."

"M-Munakata-san...what are you doing this late at night?"

"I was busy tending something around the area and when I was about to leave, I saw the lights were still on. Thus, I went to check it out and was indeed surprise to find someone still working till this late at night."

"I...well..."

"Who made you work till this late, [L/N]-san?"

"N-nobody sir! I'm just slow...that's all."
You chuckled nervously, before taking a deep breath.

"A-anyway, it's getting real late if we continued to stay here. I-I should probably get going..."
With that, you bowed hastily before quickly making your way home.

Little did you know, Munakata had made a call to his Lieutenant for certain arrangements to be made.

||Time Skip ||

"[L/N] [F/N], will now be working as Fushimi Saruhiko's assistant. Please come with me."

Your eyes widened by a fraction as you tried to process her words. [name] spat her coffee and was the first to recover among the shocked bystanders.

"That's great [L/N]-chan! I'm so happy for you!"
She pulled you in for a hug before shaking you vigorously.

"I'm...what...?"

"Please stop wasting my time and follow me, [L/N]."
The curvy yet intimidating lieutenant exclaimed impatiently, while you quickly grab your bag and other personal belongings.

|| Time Skip ||

"So, from now on, she'll be under your wing. Take good care of her, Fushimi-kun."

You're not sure if it's just you but you felt the atmosphere turned rather heavy all of a sudden.

"A-Ano..."

"Tsk. Troublesome."
Fushimi mumbled under his breath but you kind of pick it up.

Instead of feeling depress, you felt rather irritated at his comment. Not that you had a choice anyway, nor do you even want to work under him, but it was Munakata-san's order and you can't go against it.

Seeing his annoyed expression made you want to punch him in the face but you had to restraint such behavior in front of your boss.

"Why do I need an assistant when you know I'm perfectly fine on my own, captain?"

"She's a hardwoker, it'll be fine. You're always complaining about being the only one able to deal with the informations. Now that she's here, you can pass it to her and deal with other pressing matters."

"But there's no pressing matters at hand."

"Then you can relax."

"Tsk. This is unnecessary. She probably couldn't catch up-"

"I beg your pardon, Fushimi-kun."
You interrupted, clearly having enough of his attitude towards, not only you, but Munakata-san as well.

"I think I'm fully capable of helping you with the dealing of informations as I've been doing it for a couple of years and indeed have never made any mistake at the moment. So, before you conclude how useless I will be, it'll be wise to see for yourself. Also, Munakata-san will never make a decision without any valid reason, and I believe you know that as well. Thus, stop trying to deal with everything alone and let me help you."
You exclaimed with a huff, probably catching everyone off-guard with your small outburst.

Well, you were never the one to speak your mind so it shocked you as well, but Fushimi's last comment was enough to trigger those bottled up feelings in you.

Realizing what you've done, your cheek heated up within seconds and you found yourself apologizing profusely while bowing.

Munakata couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle as he watched you with interest.

'You're more interesting than I thought, [L/N]-kun...'

"Tsk. Come with me."
Fushimi exited the room with a rather annoyed expression while you hastily followed.

"Captain? Is something the matter?"

"No, it's nothing."

'Now...let's see how you'll surprise me next, [L/N] [F/N].'

🌸🌸🌸
Author's Note:

I hope you like my first ever Reisi story *^*!! I know there's not much interaction between you two yet but there's going to part II and so on so I hope you look forward to it ~

Leave a vote if you like it ☺️
Thank you so much 💕