Chapter - 6. Awkward

Start from the beginning

××××××××

"Baby, you know how much I love you?"
His words made my insides melt. "No I don't, please elaborate Mr Ranveer Agnihotri." He chuckled at my silliness and held my waist stronger than earlier. I am straddling on his lap when he kisses my jawline and whispers in my ear, "More than anything..... More than my own life."

I love it when holds me like I am the last drop of water and he has been thirsty all his life.

I move my hands to his neck and whispered back,"That's sad because I don't." His hands roam everywhere on my body and it feels like my body is on fire. He senses that and smirks at me.

"But I love you Avanti....." He licks his lower lip and kisses me hard on the mouth. "And that's enough for both of us."

××××××××

A doorbell wakes me up from my sleep and I glanced at the wall clock which shows me its six in the evening. Shit, I slept all day. My head hurts like hell. Gaurav hasn't returned yet. I ran up to the main door and look through the peephole. I see a man standing on the door.

What should I do now? Gaurav told me to not open the door for anyone. I should call him, shit but I don't have his number. I don't even have a phone. Shit shit shit......

The guy is now ringing the door with all his might. And then I hear the sound of key digging inside the keyhole. He opens the door only to find me. The man sees me and his eyes widen.

"Who are you and what are doing in my apartment?"

Oh shit, this must be Gaurav's elder brother.... What was his name ?????

"I asked you a question woman, either you tell me or I am going to call the security this instant."

"I am Avantika..... I uh I am Gaurav's friend. You can call him and ask that on your own."

"I see that you both have mingled really fast. Sorry I am late Avy bear."

We turn our heads to see Gaurav walking through the door. He grins at me and rubs the back of his neck.

"Hi Jai, meet Avy..... I mean Avantika. She's my good friend."

Jai looks up at me and smirks,"Hi Avantika. I am Jai, Gaurav's elder brother. I am extremely sorry for shouting at you. I was shocked to see a girl in our living room."

I flushed at his apology. "Please, you don't have to be sorry. You had every right to shout at me. I would have done the same if I was at your place. So your behaviour was totally acceptable."

We shake our hands and walk into the living room. I notice that Gaurav looks exhausted. I should prepare him something.

"You guys must be hungry right. I am going to make some sandwiches. Is that okay with both of you."

Jai looks back and forth between me and Gaurav. He must be thinking why I am making the food. I look awkwardly at Gaurav. He senses my thoughts and sighs.

"Jai, I wanted to tell you something."

Jai chuckles at him and says,"You don't need to say anything Gaurav. I have understood the scene here."

I look at him and then at Gaurav. He looks as confused as I am.

"Baby brother, you don't need to tell me anything. I know that she is your girlfriend. I don't mind her staying here. I like her already. So you don't have anything to worry about."

I gaped at Jai. I have no words to interrupt him. I know I must be looking like a red-faced monkey due to embarrassment. Gaurav looks the same.

"Are you done Jai or is there any bullshit left? I was going to say that Avantika is my college friend. She needed a room for rent and I offered her our third room since it has been vacant for a while. And you started spitting shit"

Jai laughs awkwardly and apologises. "I am sorry Avantika, I misunderstood everything. Gaurav has never brought a girl home so I thought you must be special. Anyways sorry once again and since you are going to stay with us, you need to know that I love grilled cheese sandwiches but its okay if you don't know how to prepare it, I'll order pizzas."

Gaurav's face is beetroot by the end of Jai's rant. I chuckle softly and told Jai to wait for sandwiches. I turn my head only to see Gaurav staring right at me. I feel those weird sensations again and avert my gaze. Gaurav clears his throat and sits next to Jai who is busy watching a football match on television.

I start preparing cheese sandwiches while thinking about my dream.

"It wasn't enough Ranveer and it never will be......"

**********************************

Hiii readers...... Point out the mistakes grammar nazis and I will improve them right away. And I had a really important question to ask you all.....

∆ Who's your favourite author on wattpad? (Except me, lol)

And one thing more... Whose POV do you want next?

And don't forget the three magical words.....

❤Vote❤Comment❤Share❤