│Succumb│*

"A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide." 

Succumb

~Ash~

"Fuck" I mutter as we both stand there in shock.

"You should go back to the party, Austin might start looking for you" Shazeena says breaking the silence.  I silently nod not being able to say anything.

"Hey, don't worry we'll find her soon" she says patting my shoulder and I give her a small smile.

"Where were you?" Austin asks looking worried.

"I was at the store, the line was long" I say distractedly as we head to the car to drive home.

I lean my head back against the seat and close my eyes. I'm not panicking because my body's numb with fear.

"Ash!" Austin says shaking me.

"Huh, Yea?" I say sitting up.

"I've been calling your name for the past five minutes, we're home" he says and I nod. As I open my door, I see my hands tremble. I slowly step out of the car, my legs shake with every step I take. I pull out my keys and start to unlock the door when Austin takes the keys from me.

"You missed the keyhole" he says and I nod distractedly. We head instead and I walk upstairs still not saying a word.

I change into one of Darren's big shirts and some yoga shorts, and lay in my bed. Austin walks in and sits beside me.

"Ash, what's wrong?" he asks looking into my eyes. I shake my head and close my eyes trying not to show emotion.

"You don't need to hide your emotions" he says reading my mind, "I'm here for you, I'll to you."

"I don't know how to share my emotions Austin..." I whisper opening my eyes.

"Just say what's on your mind" he says and I nod.

"I lied to you" I say looking him in the eye.

"What?" he asks confused.

"I didn't go to the store, I went to an abandoned place where Dominic was supposed to be" I say.

"You what?! That's dangerous Ash!" he yells.

"I was the reason she got kidnapped! It doesn't matter what happens to me!" I yell back.

"What matters is that a little girl can't be with her mother because she got kidnapped because of me. Her life's in danger, he's a fugitive for god sake!" I yell.

"Ash" Austin says softly as I curl up into a ball.

"No, no no! He's going to harm her! Dominic's gonna hurt Mila! Maria needs her mother, I'm such a bitch-"I start to ramble but Austin clamps a hand over my mouth.

"It's not your fault, believe it or not, but it's not. Dominic did that on his own accord okay?" he says and I shake my head.

"No, Austin! He left a note and took Mila further away from here, I was so close! So close to finding her!" I snap frustrated. Austin pulls me close to him and wraps his arms around me and I sigh. I rest my head in the crook of his neck while he hugs me tightly until I calm down.

"What am I going to do?" I question quietly.

"It's all going to be alright" he says cradling me to his chest and I shake my head.

"Dominic will do anything to get to me, he'll harm Mila" I say closing my eyes.

"Why is Dominic after you?" he asks and I freeze.