Chapter 2

My body felt heavy. So much so that I couldn't, and didn't want to move. My body ached and sleep lingered, teasingly behind my eyes. I laid in complete darkness.

'What happened?' I thought. Feeling warmth envelope me from all sides, as I tried to concentrate in my half asleep state. My eyelids were heavy with sleep, as I attempted to persuade them to open. My body feeling as though it was tingly, and very much securely wrapped within something, as I stretch my limbs.

After a few moments my eyelids slowly opened. I blinked a few times before realising everything was still dark. Only the slight glimmer of silver leaking inside the dark cocoon I was wrapped in. My body still ached, but less than before. I pushed on the walls of the dark area, only to feel the scales of a dragon. A sudden realisation crossed my mind.

"Toothless! Wake up bud." finding my voice and words, I spoke up in attempt to awaken the sleeping dragon. Knowing that he had taken the fall to protect me. I began to shake him. Moving back and forth as I did to see if he would stir.

After many moments of talking and shaking, Toothless finally began to stir. Moving slowly before opening his wings, allowing me to roll out somewhat. His legs still slightly tightened around me. It only took a moment before I was released as his eyes were fully open and looking at me. I hurried to crawl out of his grasp before making my way around him to pat his head and look him in the eyes as he got up.

"You alright bud?" I asked concerned. In return I received a toothless smile with his tongue halfway out as he licked my face and part of my suit. Knowing that it wouldn't come out. I whipped fiercely at the slobber. Attempting to remove it from my face and front of my suit. Failing miserably in doing so.

I sighed at him before standing up.

"I can see your fine. What about your tail..." I said as I carefully made my way behind toothless. Looking at his tail, checking for any damage that could keep us grounded for any amount of time. I started with the tail, slowly working my way up to the saddle. Making sure that the foot gear wasn't messed up in anyway, before nodding in happiness at no damage, I hurried to climb onto the saddle.

"Let's get in the air and see how far the storm took us." I said, Toothless instantly took to the sky. Toothless effortlessly took us through the canopies of the surrounding forest, allowing the rays of sun to blast down onto us as we cleared the greenery. Once we were a good distance up I surveyed the area, taking in everything before realising we were still on berk.

"Looks like we were just shot down in the woods. Let's get beck to Berk before people start to worry where we are." I received a grunt in reply as we hurriedly flew towards town. I was hopping that everything and everyone was alright and that we hadn't been gone to long. Since I knew everyone would go into a panic search... well everyone but Tuffnut, Ruffnut and Snotlout. I don't even want to think about what they've done since I've been gone.