Chapter 35: Double Surprise Plans

Start from the beginning

"Is that it?" Ang asked excitedly.

Norman hadn't noticed Ang walk in until she spoke.

"Yeah, it is? I hope she likes it." he said nervously.

"Can I see it?" Ang asked.

"Sure, maybe you could tell me if you think she'll like it." Norman said as his hands began to shake.

Ang walked over to him and took the small box from his shaking hands. When she looked inside she was impressed, he did well. She knew that it was one of a kind and that he had, had it specially made for Mandi. She knew Mandi would love anything, that came from Norman, that he didn't have to go through all the trouble he did. But knowing that he had put the extra time and effort into designing it and having it made special for her, she was sure Mandi would love it even more.

"I think she will absolutely love it. You know why?" She said looking at Norman.

"Why?" He asked feeling unsure.

"Because she loves you more than you can imagine. She would love anything you gave her, because it came from you. Because she would know that you bought it out of your love for her." Ang said as she placed the now closed box in front of him and her hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks, Ang I needed to hear that." He smiled at her.

"I know, and trust me every word of it is true." She smiled back at him.

"You should probably call her and head out before she gets suspicious that something is going on."

"Yeah, take care. Trust me she is going to love your surprise. If you need anything text me. I'll try to keep her busy until it's time."

"Thank you."

Ang headed out of the restaurant pulling out her cell phone. She called Mandi.

"Ang finally"

"Sorry had some things I had to take care of, what do you need hon?"

"Could you possible stop on your way here and get me a bunch of battery powered tealight candles and bag of rose petals?"

"Sure what for?"

"I'll tell you when you get here. Thank you Ang, I appreciate it."

For the second time that day Ang went to buy candles and rose petals. Neither knew she was getting them for the other's surprise. That both thought awfully alike she laughed to herself. Once she purchased her things, she head for Norman's house. She knocked on the door, when Mandi came to the door she was in spandex shorts and a tank top.

"Hey Ang, thank you for stopping and for coming to help me."

"Your welcome. Now what's going on?"

"I ummm.... Tonight it the night." She said as a blush came to her cheeks.

"What do you mean the night?"

" I mean THE NIGHT" she put extra emphasis on the last two words.

"Oh.. oh......... OH!!!!" Ang screamed. "Are you completely sure?"

"Yes, I have never wanted this more. I just want tonight to be perfect."

"I'm sure it will be." Ang smirked now being in on both plans.

"Come on I need help getting the bedroom ready."

Mandi turned taking the bag and headed up the stairs. Ang waited for Mandi to be up all the stairs before following her. Once Mandi was out of earshot, Ang started to laugh. Yeah tonight would definitely be good night for both of them. At the top of the stairs she walked down the hall till she came to the only room with an open door. She knocked before entering. Mandi sat on the bed taking candle out of the package.

"Okay, what's the plan."

"I want to change the sheets to these." She pointed to some satin sheets she had bought for the bed. " Then I want to place candles everywhere, I wanted the battery ones so if they are forgotten it won't matter. Then I want to sprinkle the petals on the bed."

"How will he know where to go for his surprise?"

"I didn't think about that. Maybe I should trail them from the front door to here. What do you think?"

"I think that sounds perfect."

The two striped the bed and changed the sheets. Ang placed candles all over ther room well, Mandi placed the petals. When done Mandi looked at it and thought it looked perfect.

"So you wearing anything special for him tonight?" Ang asked.

Mandi blushed at her question, but pulled out a small bag from the closet handing it to her. What was inside surprised And, Norman was probably going to really like it.

"So, what, you get home from dinner, tell him you are going to change. Run up here change and light all the candles?"

"That's the plan. Oh shoot look at the time I have to hurry up and get ready. Norman will be here soon to pick me up for dinner."

Mandi slipped on a tight fitting black dress that came to mid thigh. Ang helped her with her hair and makeup. When she was done she had her look in the mirror. Mandi looked amazing, he knew both of them were going to have a great night tonight. She was happy she was a part of it all, as they were both her very good friends who she loved. She wanted them both to be happy and she knew deep in her heart that as long as they were together that's exactly what they would be. Soon enough they heard the door downstairs open and footsteps coming up the stairs. Mandi hugged Ang thanking her before rushing out the bedroom door to greet Norman. She didn't want him to see the bedroom until tonight.

Norman stopped staring at the angel that stop before him. She looked gorgeous in her dress, and her hair and makeup were perfect. The heels she wore made her slim legs, look longer than normal. He walked up to her pulling her into his arms and placing a soft kiss on her lips, not wanting to ruin her makeup. Mandi took his hand and lead him back down the stairs, grabbing her coat and her purse.

Once Norman and Mandi left. Ang walked downstairs grabbing her stuff and heading bake to Nic & Norman's to help with the rest of Norman's surprise.