7. Three Doppelgängers, what could go wrong?

Start from the beginning

"Of the doppelgänger variety," Damon mused as Izzie sighed, stood up and started cleaning up the mess Stefan made.

"Katherine?" Stefan asked as he looked from Izzie to his brothers and Elena.

"Nope, no," Holden shook his head as he motioned Stefan to follow them. "Not Katherine."

The three brothers walked into the cellar as Stefan peered through the cell door and saw Amara screaming and trying to cut loose from her handcuffs. "I don't know! I don't know," she continued rambling to the thin air.

Stefan was shocked as he turned back to Damon and Holden. "What's wrong with her?" he asked looking back at another doppelgänger.

"Tessa turned her into a block of rock, left her in the box for two thousand years, probably went a little stir crazy like those deserted island guys who talk to volleyballs," Damon explained with a sarcastic smirk as Holden rolled his eyes.

"I said I don't know!" Amara shouted angrily. "Leave me alone!"

"So, you're telling me that this girl is the only thing holding together the other side?" Stefan asked, because Amara seemed to be really weak and she was human now so they had to protect her.

"Yeah," Holden sighed as Stefan let out a breath. "She's the anchor."

"As long as she's alive, the other side exists, and we can keep trying to get Bonnie from over there," Damon nodded his head causing Holden to agree as well.

Amara continued screaming in the cellar. "I said I don't know!"

Stefan made a face. "Well, considering she's immortal, I'd say we have plenty of opportunity."

Damon laughed as he bumped Holden, who looked at Stefan dully. "You'd say that, except that this girl already drank from Silas neck, sucked the cure right out of him. So, now not only is she a little crazy, she's also mortal."

"Which means we have to protect her until Bonnie comes back," Damon finished as Holden nodded seriously causing Stefan to think deeply. He was just back and it seemed like they had problems.

"How would you plan to do that?"

Damon just smirked. "Silas made a pinky promise that he'd do a spell to bring her back. Unfortunately, he's taking time coming back to Mystic Falls."

Suddenly, Holden saw Amara biting herself on the wrists so she could bleed to death. "Amara, no!" Holden shouted before opening the door and stopping her by grabbing her arms.

"Ahhhh!" she screamed loudly as Stefan watched in shock. "No! No! Let me die! I want to die!"

"Let's hope love is blind or at least deaf," Damon told Stefan as they watched Holden hold Amara's hands behind her back as she struggled.

AS DAMON SPOKE TO SILAS, HOLDEN ENTERED HIS ROOM TO SEE ELENA. "So, how's it going?" Elena asked as she made their bed. Holden stopped with a small smile before shrugging.

"He's still talking, but somebody's telling me Silas is a miss," Holden sighed as Elena placed the pillows on the bed before walking over to Holden with a small frown.