I didn't take this photo, got it off Google.

- Nat

The fresh green leaves on the trees make a gentle rustling sound as the wind sweeps through the forest. Spots of light illuminate the floor as Rex steps on a twig, causing a snap to echo through the forrest.

They come upon the ancient oak and river that marks the edge of their hunting grounds. Perry tenses as she looks over the other side, anyone who has crossed over has disappeared and never come back.

Liz grabs Perry's arm, "are you sure about this?" He has the most to be concerned about, his sister went over and never came back.

Liz is stood desperately trying to get his sister back, "don't go, you'll die!"
Mil laughed bitterly, "they're hiding the world from us! There's so much to discover, come with me." She extends a hand from the other side of the river for Liz.
"No, please," he's on his knees, tears streaking down his face. "Sis, I need you, you're my best friend."
"Liz, we need to go, /quickly/, before the hunters find us," she glares at her younger brother.
Liz doesn't move as the noises of the hunters get closer. Mil frantically look behind Liz before hesitating and running off.

That was years ago, this is the first time Liz has been back. Whatever awaits them over the river Mil has coped with alone.

Perry notices the slight change in Liz's body language and desides to get them moving again. "D-drink quickly," she drinks from the river herself with the others before they all move off again.

None of them have any idea what awaits them or if they will make it alive, but they still keep moving. Perry leads, while Rex trails behind.

They have been travelling for some time when Perry finally slows slightly. A small pond is overlooked by a hill covered with marsh land and a few spots of goat herds. This is a well protected area away from the edge of the forest.

Perry places down her small bag of things before looking at Liz and Rex, "we'll st-stay here t-tonight."

Rex carefully places her bag down and slowly sits a few meters away from the others, wincing as she pulls her knees against her chest. Her expression is an easy indication of what they have all just witnessed, the violence alone is enough to stun the strongest warriors into silence.

Liz lies down in the grass and closes his eyes, to a stranger he looked calm but, the slight tension in his pointed jaw tells his friends he is anything but calm.

Perry looks over at Liz, her brow furrowed with worry. He was always so patient and kind with the children of the village, something Pery admaried. Now, he looks ready to blow up at any moment, she can't particularly blame him. After what they have been through even Perry is ready to fight back explosively.

A series of high pitched calls began to sound in the surrounding area indicating to the group night is fast approaching. Many hunters in the village had specialised in hunting in the day, only the strongest were allowed to hunt at night. The skill required to get to prey and back to the village again was something only Perry's hunting group and one other had.

Perry smiles at the thought of Canis chasing a rabbit during his training. He had got overly excited and therefore misjudged the prey.

Perry is perched in a tree watching he new group train. T and Dawson were doing well and had managed to catch a small injured deer together. They now sat at the base of a tree waiting for the others to return.
Canis however has gone off alone, he wanted to best Perry and become the top. This drive lead him to a rabbit, it peacefully nibbled on some nourishment in the undergrowth. Approaching from down wind Canis kept low to the ground in order not to scare the creature.
Perry watches with a slight amusement, from where she is she could see that there is a ditch hidden in the bushes ahead of Canis.
As Canis approaches the rabbit he is unaware of his surrounding as they were the top of the food chain. This means nothing will attack them.
The ground however doesn't discriminate as Canis stumbles headfirst into the ditch scaring the rabbit into bolting. He quickly recovers and gives chase.
Perry watches with her keen eye as she makes a mental note of his strengths and weaknesses. Speed and strength was definitely a strong point, but his cunning nature has yet to shine through.
The white fur on the rabbit quickly vanished down a hole as it dove to safety under a tree. Canis, who hadn't been aware of his surroundings, slams at full force into the tree.