Chapter Zero: Memories

I don't think for a second about where he is, or what he might be doing. I find myself up at ungodly hours of the night and morning wondering if he remembers me. Or if he at least thinks of me like I think of him. Then I come to a thought. Maybe he doesn't even have the same feelings for me like I do for him. After all it has been-what? Eight years since I've seen him, in person that is. My thoughts rambled on as I watched the city lights flicker through my small apartment window. The smell of the city, which in my opinion smelled of food and burnt rubber,wafted through the slight opening of my window, the breezy air sending a slight shiver down my spine. I wanted to go out there so badly and see what there was for me. I wanted to hop on a train and go see him. I smiled lightly at the thought of it all.

His face would light up and welcoming arms were sent my way, we would live happily ever after and that would be our happy ending- Sorry, my happy ending. But in reality nothing ever worked that way, ever. God only knows how many of his kids struggled, or how many of them are struggling as we speak.i wonder if he's okay. I fiddled with my necklace that my Grandmother gave me for my sixteenth birthday this year, it was a cross that had a miniature Jesus on it and the page numbers of a scripture engraved on the back in bolded letters. I swore I would never take it off and I haven't. I pulled the covers over my head and slowly close my eyes but my mind was still racing, my heart was still aching for I only wished to see him once more.

Hi!! Welcome to my page and thank you so much for reading my story. This is just the prologue so it's kind of short but it took a lot of courage out of me to post this... Thank you sooo much!

xoxo-Maddie