There's only two reasons why I married that indolent of a man. One, it was simply for my career, my public relations manager suggested that having a husband and family would make me seem more approachable for my business. The second reason, I secretly desired a family and Jefferson was more than willing to cough up his sperm. Jefferson knows he's nothing more to me than arm candy.

My mother walked with me to my private room so I could change. The moment I stepped into my room my stomach began doing cartwheels. I flopped down on my bed and ran my hand across the comforter. I peeled back the corner and skimmed across the silky sheets. Nothing like Emma's. I felt the tears spring to life once again but I fought that sensation with everything I had.

"Regina, we are having drinks to celebrate your arrival. Which cocktail dress would you prefer?" My mother questioned as she rummaged through my closet.

"Mother, I'm very tired. I think we should celebrate tomorrow evening," I softly suggested unable to find my usual confident voice.

"Absolutely not darling. I haven't seen you in three months! I need you to explain to me where you've been. What's been going on? Why you are dressed like you belong on Duck Dynasty?"

I roll my eyes yet again and glare at my mother in annoyance. "Please mother, I'm-"

"This dress is perfect for this evening. I will step out and allow you some privacy. I shall see you in thirty minutes dear." My mother smiled brightly as she placed a light kiss to my cheek and disappeared out the door.

I exhaled rather loudly since I was finally alone to express my true feelings. I fell back onto the bed and blankly stared up at the ceiling, not really looking at much of anything. Shit! I sprung up from my bed as I realized Henry's volcano project is due tomorrow and I was suppose to drive him to school because the model was far too large to bring on the bus.

I pressed my palms into my eyes and fought the tears again. I'm sure his real mother will figure something out. She has raised them by herself for...I actually don't even know how long their father has been away. Or maybe he passed away? Henry did say they didn't seem him anymore, maybe he was speaking about his real father?

I threw my hands up in the air and slammed them back down into the mattress. I know nothing! I have no idea who Emma is or the family they were before me. How the hell did she manage without me? She was struggling just to stay awake with me there?

I heard shuffling coming from outside of my door which sprung me to my feet. I quickly stripped away my clothes...Emma's clothes and began slipping into the elegant laced, black cocktail dress my mother chose for me.

I was simply running through the motions of the evening as I dressed myself, applied some light makeup and pulled my hair back. When I entered the common area, my mother and husband were already present. Jefferson sitting tall in his brown leather chair, sipping a Piña Colada, like a college girl on spring break. My mother was sipping her dry martini, watching Jefferson like he was some attraction at the circus.

"Ms. Mills, may I offer you a martini?" Sydney politely offered while bowing his head just the slightest. The small gesture made my skin crawl. How could I ever think that kind of behavior was acceptable before?

"Oh no no no, please don't do that," I kindly replied while gently forcing the man to stand tall again.

"Cora, I'm calling Dr. Hopper to come up here immediately. I think Regina has suffered more of a brain injury than we suspected," my husband coldly stated as he picked up the phone to dial our therapist's room.

Jefferson has been known to fly off the handle every so often, so our psychologist always travels with us in case of an emergency. I never really thought twice about his behavior but now I'm starting to believe he's a little mad.