Chapter 2 - It has barely started.

Start from the beginning

I sigh, and swallow my again upcoming tears away. I shouldn’t cry that much. It only proves i’m a coward. A weak person. 

I can’t stand it to look at myself in the mirror, a coward would look back. I’m a coward. A weak one. And i’m not proud of it.

‘‘Sorry for not introducing myself before. My name is Connor.’’ 

I wake up from my thoughts, and I see the ‘Goth’ from before sticking his hand out.

I shake it slowly, not knowing what to expect. He smiles while supporting me with his eyes, and I get the courage back to send a convincing smile.

He really seems nice. Like he really wants to be there for me. We stare a bit in each others eyes, looking for something mean. Exactly what I always get, people being nice to me and then they act like i’m a piece of shit.

But Connor is different. He seems like he really wants to be my friend. What a change. I’m a bit of a loner. 

Everyone is looking for friends who are loving, and caring. I’m not saying i’m not able to. But as I mentioned before, my heart is one with instructions.

‘‘I’m Sarah. But I guess you know that.’’ I smile to him, trying to convince him. My eyes haven’t found anything wich is bad. So I think I might trust him. But that’s not going that easily. 

Back in time, people always betrayed me. They said they were my friends, but they only want something from me. They were always using me.

Not that I could give them any thing special though. I sigh at the thought of being in a friendship. It’s sometimes so tiring when you love but you get nothing back. I hope Connor will be a change.

I focus on the lesson and I notice Mrs. Akkins has found another victim to spy on. Poor Connon.

*TRINGGG*

I wake up out of my thoughts by the bell, and I duck to grab my bag. It’s a really regular one, but it means a lot more than it actually looks like. My mum and dad were always convincing me to buy a new one. But that’s the same as throwing memories away. I can’t. And I won’t. Besides the invisible scar, this is the only thing Delilah left me.

I walk through the door of the class. Connor overtakes me and walks next to me. I look to the right and I smile  a bit. 

I can see he luckily doesn’t expect a lot of me. That could totally happen, people expect something from me, something I’m not able to give back. It’s quite hard, cause there are only a few people in this society who don’t expect something back.

We arrive in the modern building, and the mood changes with us. The place is living, people talk louder. People reveal more of themselves. And I don’t just mean inside, also outside. You can see with one glance here are the most slutty types. You know, the ones with fake tan, fake hair, fake nails, you name it.