“Maybe you’re right. I really wish Jasmine would see the bigger picture to all of this, instead of being selfish” I sighed.

Jasmine was my best friend so I knew I had to make things right with her, but first I must make things right with myself.

“She’ll come around Tav” Rasia replied turning back to the television screen.

I nodded and then the door bell rang.

I got up and walked to the front door and looked out the peep hole.

I saw a lady about the same age as my mom standing there playing with her fingers.

I unlocked the door and opened it, and she looked up at me.

She had beautiful hazel eyes, golden brown hair hanging down her back. She was very well dressed.

“Hey” She smiled at me.

I smiled back and waited for who or what she wanted.

“Is this the Torres residents?” She asked looking at the address on the side of the door, double checking to make sure she got the right address.

“Yes it is” I answered.

“Is Gloria here?” She asked for my mom.

“No you just missed her, but I’m her daughter I can leave a message” I replied.

Her face lit up like a light. “You’re Tavi!?” She questioned.

I nodded. “How do you know?”

“Oh my goodness. You’ve gotten so big!” She smiled so bright and covered her mouth.

I was still a bit confused.

“I’m Martina, your god mom” She reached for a hug.

I reluctantly hugged her feeling a bit awkward.

“My mom told me about you, recently actually” I said.

I realized that we were still standing in the doorway so I stepped aside. “You can come in” I invited her in.

She smiled before walking pass me and taking a step into the house.

“This is a nice place” She smiled and looked around.

“Thanks. I’m not sure where my mom went, so im not sure when she’ll be back” I locked the door and stood there waiting for her to say something.

“Oh, it’s fine. I just wanted to see you and see how you were doing. I’ll catch up with her some other time.” She looked me up and down in an admired way.