The first riddle

"Oh, come on lass." Jack stated with an apologetic look before he ducked abruptly behind his desk. (Y/N) was fuming as she began to throw sharp objects, and anything she could find at the rugged pirate. "You were going to give that man my blood, jack!" Her heart beat profusely in her chest from anger, but she was also a bit hurt by the fact. "It was for my treasure!" Jack announced as he bounced up from behind his desk. "Just stop throwing things and listen." From the look (y/n) was receiving from jacks brown eyes, she felt a little bad for throwing things, but she still didn't like what he was keeping from her. "Will you at least tell me the plans now?" She asked with crossed arms and a hard stare. The pirate captain let out a breath before he eased towards her, his signature smile plastered on his face as if he thought that it would help in the situation. "I'm looking for a music box made of gold, it is something that can do my bidding as I wish. I need it for.... reasons, and those reasons are very good reasons and that is my reason, alright?" The man was rambling on and on, circling (y/n) as he went. The girl rolled her eyes before staring him in the face once more, making him stop. "But what about the riddles that the old man knows?" She asked with furrowed brows. "We need the riddles to find the box." She nodded before letting out a sigh. She had to trust the man, though her attraction to him increased more as he smiled at her with warmth in his brown eyes that anyone could get lost in.

     The smell of sea salt hit jacks face as he walked on deck to make his rounds around the ship. He smiled as he strolled along, listening to the breeze and a flock of seagulls squalling from the bird nest at the top of the ship.  He clasped his hands around the railing of the side of the ship before taking out his scope to look around. With Jacks distracted mind, he wasn't looking for anything particular, his gaze scanned the sea before a sudden 'ahem' caught his attention. He turned, scope in hand, before its lens was showing a rather nice view, well, to jack anyway. (Y/n) scoffed at jacks smile before removing the scope from the sight of her cleavage. Her new attire from the night before was just getting in the way. So, to fix her problem, she had found a pair of brown pants that were a bit to big for her, so she took a red scarf and wrapped it around her pants to keep them up. Her shirt was a tan color, the sleeves flowing in the salty breeze of the sea. On her feet were a pair of black boots that rose to her knees. A red bandana was the final piece of her attire, keeping her messy hair out of her face.

     Jacks mouth fell agape at her new appearance, but he quickly squared his shoulders and tried to avert his eyes towards anything but the beautiful girl in front of him. He quickly spotted Joab talking to Gibbs, who was steering the ship, both of them chuckling. Jack quickly made his way up the stairs to the ships wheel and interrupted the two old men. "Are you going to tell us the riddles now?" Jack questioned with eagerness. "Of course! I had almost forgotten!" Joab stated before pulling out a sheet of paper.

     (Y/n) was somewhat confused, at the sudden leave of jack before her eyes settled on the man making his way up to Joab and Gibbs. She hurriedly made her way to the three men. "Oh! Is he reading the first riddle?" She questioned with excitement. Joab nodded before he unfolded the paper and began to read the riddle. "Few men escape from this unforgiving place, a song can be heard, so pretty, so sweet, you'll find what you're looking for from a pretty face, give something of value and receive the same in its place."

Jack shook his head, it was obvious that he didn't understand what the riddle was trying to say but (y/n) began to think along with the others to figure out just where this riddle was leading them to.

// sorry for being such a sucky person but, y'know, life gets in the way 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anywho, where do you think the riddle is leading them? What do you think they'll find? Please comment and give feedback vote this chapter if you liked it (or not 🤗)