Doghouse

It smelled of booze, smoke from a fire place and a foul Oder coming from what (y/n) thought was a makeshift stove in the corner of the room. She wrinkled her nose in disgust. (Y/n) heard a chuckle coming from her right side and turned to see Jack with a slight smile on his face, trying to hide his amusement from their host. The (h/c) haired girl rolled her eyes at the pirate before a cough broke through the silence.

"So, you want to know where the music box is?" The grey eyed elder asked as he took the large pot from the makeshift stove. "That is what we came here for." Jack stated as he set his feet atop the table. "Well, actually," Gibbs began. "We need to know the riddles to find it." Jack sat up straight in his chair abruptly with a smile on his face. "I was just about to say that, thank you, Mr.Gibbs!" "Of course you were, Jack." Gibbs smiled.

"Well, my names Joab if ye all want to be friendly." Joab stated with a sniff as he placed the pot on the table. He began to pass out bowls and cups, (y/n) assumed he didn't have correct sets or a lot of bowls, which is probably why a cup was setting in front of her. "What is this?" She exclaimed as Joab began to pour some of the concoction into her cup. "It's opossum and rat stew. Best eat it while it's hot darlin'" he stated with a wink and a smile before continuing to pour the stew into everyone else's bowl or cup.

"So, Joab, is it? Tell me, when will we be getting the riddles?" Gibbs questioned as he began to sip at the nasty brew. "Oh, I completely forgot." Joab stated as he ran a hand through his mucky peppered hair. "I was thinkin', since I know the riddles... I might just tag along with ye, if ye don't mind of course."

"No." Jack stated as he shot daggers at Joab. "I already have to take care of an old man and a feisty young lass." His statement earned him a kick in the knee from Gibbs and a hard smack to the back of his head by (y/n). "Oh, come on. I'm a grown ass man who can take care of himself. You won't be finding the box without me. I'm just looking for adventure before I die of age, savvy? Just let a man live his life!"

Jack sat back in his chair, running his hand down his goatee in thought. "So, if I say yes... then you wouldn't need the trade?" Joab chuckled lightly, "nah, keep yer virgin, she doesn't even look like she's a virgin anyway."  The two other men nodded as they looked towards the (h/c) haired girl. She looked at the men with blazing (e/c) eyes before standing up with a loud screech of her chair against the wooden floors and marched out of the hut at a fast pace, her eyes on the ship as she went.

"I guess ye didn't...?" Joab began before he looked to Jack, who knew what the man was already gonna ask.  "Nope." Was his only reply before he started strutting towards the black pearl. But i'm in for it when i get to my quarters. Jack thought as he walked aboard his ship.

————————————————————————
Hey guys, so I know it's been a while. But here I am with a Christmas gift! The chapter is finally finished, it's not as long as I had hoped, but I suppose it's better than nothing. But anyway....

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and everything else?? 😅

But anyways, hopefully chapters will be coming out faster than before once I get this new job.

But thanks for the support and everything else!

I love you all

💖- Cherish