03.) grave memories

Start from the beginning

"He's not wrong. Funneh, you've got a major crush," Gold hummed teasingly as I felt my face flush.

"Shush! What if someone's listening to us?" I panicked, covering my mouth worriedly.

      "I mean at least you two have kissed," Kyran shrugged nonchalantly.

"Twice," Gold added.

"She's right," Kyran nudged.

    I rolled my eyes, my face burning, and elbowed Kyran. He screamed in a voice that seemed just a little too high pitched to even belong to him, much more suited for a ten-year-old girl. Gold giggled.

I glanced over at Kyran and motioned with my head towards Gold, who was too busy focusing on her music to see my gestures. He raised an eyebrow in confusion until I sighed and aggressively nudged with my head towards Gold's bags. Kyran seemed to get my message and offered to carry Gold's things. God, they both sucked in the love department.

"This might take a while to walk to the airport. What if you miss your flight?" Kyran asked, worried as he slightly struggled to pick up her suitcase.

Gold didn't seem to notice either of us lingering behind as we both tried to lift up her insanely heavy bag. You would have thought she was carrying bricks inside it. Seriously, how many clothes could the girl wear? She wore the same outfit all the time.

I looked at Gold, nodding. "He's right. What if we miss our flight?" Gold whispered to me.

"What other way can we get there? Draco and the others are waiting for us," I frowned.

"Uber?" Gold suggested.

    "And trust my life with a stranger that could turn out as a psycho? No thanks," I shook my head.

"That was one time, and not even an Uber! Besides, you were the one who-" I cut her off.

"Shh!"

"I can call Alec and see if he can take us. He can drive, though I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a car," Kyran sighed.

Kyran's phone let out a small ring, like a notification was received. He pulled it out of his pocket and I watched for a moment as he tapped on his screen, the light reflecting off his face.

"What is it?" Gold asked.

    "Text message. Evan texted me," Kyran explained, shoving his phone back into his pocket.

"What'd he say?" I asked.

    "Him and the others are gonna see you guys off at the airport," he explained.

       "Come on, can we just call a cab?" Gold pleaded, staring at me with a pouting mouth. I sighed and nodded reluctantly, which was followed up by a cheer from her and Kyran.

       Kyran called an Uber —against my better judgement— and we squeezed in, using our luggage to make a human Tetris in the backseats.

    Of course, we didn't have that much stuff. Or rather, I didn't. Gold definitely had more luggage than me, but what else was new? The backseats weren't too spacious, and rather we were easily crowded.

    "Man, can you believe this year is over? Another year, gone," Kyran sighed.

    "I know right? It feels like just yesterday we were meeting each other," Gold agreed.

    "Can't believe so much stuff has happened. It really feels like everything has gone by so fast. And everything that happened.... it..." my voice trailed off.