The Mayur Pankha

After that eventful evening Radha had her fare share of staring at the divine face of Krishna. Her eyes had drank the beauty of his form,her heart sank in the ocean of love and her soul was filled with the ectacy of pure devotion . She was excited to tell about him to her cowherd girlfriends. She knew that Chitralekha will be able to sketch Krishna. May be she won't be able to do complete justice to divinity and excellence of beauty that Krishna is epitome of but they will have a face they could spend their whole life just staring and admiring him to their heart's content and to ease the fire of separation in their hearts. With that excitement in her heart she finally met her gopi friends.

As she expected all the gopikas who were already in love with Krishna just like Radha were ecstatic to see his face. Chitralekha immediately drew the sketch as per Radha 's description and so the gopikas and Radha finally found the goal of their endless love and affection. Their love for Krishna knew no bounds. They were totally and madly fallen for him. Wherever they saw it was Krishna 's sight that greeted them. They were so far gone in his love that even the trees and branches would take the form of Krishna in their vision. Eyes whether wide open or closed only his form prevailed. The barrier of reality and dream fell down as their was only him and nothing existed.

When love surpasses all borders then Lord can't stop himself from reciprocating to it. But here their love was no ordinary,the one who ties people with maya himself was bounded by these gopikas. Although they were all in their different ages their hearts would beat at the same time when the name Krishna is uttered. Thus it was Time for Krishna to come to his Sakhis, to his beloved gopikas.

Radha has grown up now. Today she was going to jungle to bring various fruits and flowers for her worship. When she was passing through jungle she saw a peacock who was looking at the sky as if expecting the rain to pour at any second. The eyes of peacock followed the sky to find the source of dark clouds. When it failed to see any crowds it started to follow a particular direction. Radha was now completely curious about the whereabouts of the peacock so she followed it in the woods.

As she moved towards the forest the sound of an enchanting flute that could melt the heart,pull anyone towards it like bees to the source of nectar, was heard. Peacock now alert also followed that voice. When the peacock finally reached its destination it saw a young boy whose hue was like that of a dark cloud. His hands were carrying a bamboo flute which was placed lovingly on his lips and he was tenderly blowing the air into its holes. The pearl necklace of the boy on his dark chest was giving the impression of lightening due to which peacock got confused and started to dance in complete bliss.

Radha was witnessing the whole scenery. She was totally mesmerised by the breathtaking beauty of the dark boy. Just like peacock she too lost herself completely,her feet weren't in her control forgetting everything she started to dance. When the music of flute stopped both peacock and radha came out of their reverie.

The peacock as a sign of gratefulness shredded few of his feathers in the feet of Krishna. Radha was still standing their looking at the boy. That's when a tender soothing voice spoke:

"Oh Gopi what are you doing here. Won't you Thank me for such a beautiful music I played. Even a peacock showed his gratefulness but you didn't. I am waiting to witness your gratitude."

Radha who was so far gone in her state of bliss and love had nothing to offer as she had offered her entire self to him. Though she had recognised Krishna and she knew so had Krishna and although she had offered her mind, soul , body and heart to Krishna she didn't have any effective present so she with shyness and hesitation picked up a peacock feather and with utmost devotion offered it to Krishna.

Krishna took that feather from Radha and was so happy and content with the love that Radha possessed in her heart for him. Krishna lovingly answered with a smile- "Oh dear Gopi this peacock feather is a symbol of your complete surrender towards me. I Krishna will always accept love and devotion with complete sincerity. As a sign of your love from now onwards the feather of peacock will always be placed on my head and I'll be also called Mormukutdhari only because of you and your love. And one more thing I will meet you again and soon there won't be any curtains of shyness, hesitation or rules of society we will become one for all eternity."

Krishna after saying these words to Radha took leave. Radha just looked in the direction Krishna had left with the feeling of  longing and love . Though her heart ached at the thought of separation but her trust and love knew he will keep his words and that they will be meeting very soon...

By jayakkanha and AlexJackson712