Love Blossoms

As Radha grew up her mind was always focussed on Krishna to the point that she would talk about him and him alone. Her eyes would again and again relive that touch and smile to which she had opened her eyes. She can't forget that mesmerizing boy whose smile could win over universe. Since her talks would revolve around Krishna her girlfriends the cowherd girls who spent most of their time with Radha would also listen from her the qualities of Krishna-the cowherd who had Radha's heart and listening about that heart enchanting form of Kanha had them falling in love with him too. Nobody had seen the form of Kanha with their own eyes but his qualities were enough for them to fall in love with him. Kanha had killed a lot of demons from an early age. The tales of bravery of Krishna were not hidden from Radha and Gopis and they desperately wanted to meet him but on the other hand they were afraid that what could they offer to someone who already had everything, to his perfection what could be given and thus they always kept themselves hidden.

One day Nandbaba and Vrishbhanuji made plan for family get togther. It was Krishna's birthday and they had decided for the tulabhaar of Krishna. Tulabhaar was a custom in which the child was made to sit on one side of weighing scale and other side was loaded with articles like gold,and other precious things that were donated to brahmins,poors and subjects.

Radha was very excited to meet Kanha and she promised all her sakhis to tell them how it goes and all about their Kanha.

Gopis were excited too. One of them was very good in sketching. She was hoping that on listening to the description of Kanha from Radha she will draw the sketch and they all will get their fulfillment by at least seeing him in sketch.

As radha saw Krishna for second time Krishna was playing with his Baal sakhas . He was wearing Pitambar. His hair were not tied and they were slightly moving due to breeze. His body was covered with dust and his lips were occupied with giggling. He was busy fighting over his turn to throw the ball with his friends. Radha just stood there frozen on seeing Krishna. Every thing about him was divine. For her he looked like the embodiment of love . Every time he giggled his melodious voice felt warm and soothing  sensation causing Radha to stare at him in awe .As she was busy in staring at Krishna enjoying the time she could spend just looking at him the ball landed on her feet.

Krishna came towards her to take the ball. On coming closer he gave her a bright smile with twinkle in his eyes. The moment when their eyes met it felt like two souls knew each other since ages, the environment was rejoicing seeing the union of the souls. He left with his ball. This exchange between the eyes was the start of their relation. Krishna had also started to admire Radha in that glance. It was because of the love that her heart had in possession for him. Love was the only thing that can bind Krishna and today he was going to prove that in his Tulabhaar.

As the time for Tulabhaar came everyone was wishing Krishna long life and great birthday ahead. Radha had bought the pot of butter for Krishna as she knew how much he loved butter. It was not just Radha, gopis had also sent butter for Krishna prepared by their own hands. As the time for tulabhaar came close Krishna was made to sit on the taraju (weighing scale). Afterwards cereals and pearls were placed on the other side. No matter how much cereals, pearls ,clothes and other items were placed on other side it would never measure equal to Krishna. Yashoda Ma, Nandbaba, Rohini ma were now worried as the weight where Lord was sitting stayed on the ground. That's when Radha said- ''I can equalize the scale. Just follow my words.''

She instructed to completely vacant the side opposite to Krishna and then put one of her ear rings on the vacant scale with love and devotion in her heart . To everyone's amazement the scale leveled. Krishna smiled at His elder brother Balaram because they both were the only one who could understand Krishna's leela. People were amused. What had just happened??? What was so special about Radha's ear rings that they weighed equal to Krishna who had single handedly killed many demons at such a tender age.

Nobody knew the power of love that could even control the almighty Lord. Nobody knew that the love Radha had in her heart for Kanha was the only thing that can actually gain the Lord. Nobody knew that Radha and the Gopis were going to show the world how by loosing oneself's identity union with Lord was possible. How with the power of surrender soul can merge with Lord. How by abandoning our 'I' we can become 'HIS' forever.

That day by weighing Krishna with her ear rings that were symbol of Radha's unconditional love she had binded Krishna to her forever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
written by Jaya and Radha

jayakkanha and AlexJackson712