Chapter 1

As the first century of the Targaryen dynasty came to a close, the health of the Old King, Jaehaerys, was failing. In those days, House Targaryen and House Kildall stood at the height of their strength, with House Targaryen with ten adult dragons and House Kildall with five adult dragons under its yoke. No power in the world could stand against it, King Jaehaerys reigned over nearly 60 years of peace and prosperity but tragedy had claimed both his sons, leaving his succession in doubt. So, in the year 101, the Old King called a Great Council to choose an heir over a thousand lords made the journey to Harrenhal.

Fourteen succession claims were heard, but only three were truly considered. Princess Rhaenys Targaryen, the King's eldest descendant, her younger cousin, Prince Viserys Targaryen, the King's eldest male descendant, and Prince Baelar Kildall, the King's Protector.

"It is declared by all lords paramount and lords vassal of the Seven Kingdoms, that Prince Viserys Targaryen be made Prince of Dragonstone" a man declared and everyone applauded but more than half of the faces out there were puzzled why him and not Prince Baelar Kildall the true King to the Iron throne. It is said to believe that they held a private great council meeting before announcing who would be Prince of Dragonstone and Prince Baelar was supposed to take over but he declined it and wanted to stay the King's protector and have his family protected as well. With the great council agreeing it was passed on to Viserys Targaryen and with the loyalty King Jaehaery saw in Prince Baelar he declared House Kildall will now and forever be royalty which also means Rhaenys, a woman, would not inherit the Iron Throne the lords instead chose Viserys. 

Jaehaerys called the Great Council to prevent a war being fought over his succession for he knew the cold truth the only thing that could tear down the House of the Dragon, was itself.

🔥🩸🐉

It is now the ninth year of King Viserys Targaryen the first's reign and the thirteenth year of Prince Baelar The First as the King's protector.

172 years before the death of the mad king, Aerys by the hands of Princess Evelyne Kildall and the birth of her daughter, Princess Marleen Kildall the second.

A/N: Little author's note here so you know when you see something like   👉this👈 writing it means they are speaking Valyrian. I hope you enjoy the story.