18. Father Daughter Reunion

He wasted no time further and started for the back door and I followed behind observing the way he walks, he swiped his card through the machine and I tried the door knob and the heavy iron-bound door swung open.
The walls were of titanium, completely opposite of the bar on other side.

Bulky armed guards scattered uniformly throughout the hallway on either side, we key walking... How many quarters are here again? And in which one of them is my Dad?

"So. Where to?"

"I don't know where he is. Do you happen to know where he might be?" I asked nervously. I was helpless at this moment and even though my ego never let me ask for a favour unless I'm in dire straits but I don't really have time to search every room and ask clueless people. I better rely on him for the time being.

He stopped abruptly and my head bumped into his back and I jumped back, damn it hurted. He turned and just stood there looking.. nope staring at me.

"Who is..He?" He said calmly but the way he says scares me.

"Sergio..My Dad." I clarified. He resumed walking forward. No reaction? Is that all?

When he stopped I peeked from behind him at the guy I've been trying to find from so long, my dad's trusted "I assume the room he's guarding is the one." I suggested urging him to open the door. I followed him without protest partially because the place seemed dangerous and he could be shield, Just in case.

The guard recognized me, thank Lords! and I was sure we were at the right room. I stepped into the shaded room, the muted colours of the bottles attracted my attention, the walls colored dim. The room highlighted mini bar and the sitting area was almost business styled.

I almost don't recognize this whole area. Everything has been modified.

Dad came out of the room that was attached to this one but the doors blending into the walls failed me to notice that detail. He still wears a button down shirt and pants only this time I noticed he had a coat onn too. His beard has grown that gave him an intimidating look. "Dad!!" I shrieked as I ran to hug hug him forgetting the one who escorted me here. My dad's grin reached his eyes, his wrinkles deepening as he blessed me with one of those bone crushing bear hugs. Tears dwelled up in my eyes. I missed this warmth so much.

"What is my Zino upto these days?" He wondered at me taking my cheeks in his rough hands as we separated. His voice soothing, I had so much to tell but can't really say out loud.
"Nothing good to be truthful." His brows furrowed in half anger and surprise. "What? Do you mean?" His voice deeper, startling. "Kai was currently living with the Edwards. And..." I paused but took a deep breath before continuing I had finish my part before he explodes. My masked guy had advanced to stand behind me, not an emotion of fear on him in my dad's presence, even Sergio didn't bothered about him because he was engrossed in me. My heart fluttered when I remembered I was just twelve I use to on his desk to do homework and he would tutor me with full attention not caring the hell who else existed in the room.

"...Someone kidnapped kai." His nostrils flared but I kept going "they reported it to the police but I'm afraid they will most probably show up to collect the dead body."

"WHO THE HELL DARED TO TOUCH MY..MY! GRANDSON!??" He roared emphasizing 'my' as his ego hurt.
I did stepped back when he erupted because damn my heart for the first time leaped out of it's place. He never exhibited his anger in front of me and now that he did, boy! I felt guilty for some reason even though I wasn't the culprit. The masked stupid caught my waist as I stepped on him in the process. This wasn't good.

Dad smashed the vase, sweared in Spanish as he vented his anger banging his fist on the glass table bruising his own knuckles in the process. "Papa.." a low whimper that escaped my mouth seemed to stop him. "I'm sorry" my head hung low as I apologized because I failed to protect my child, the tears I've been trying to hold back since morning rolled down. I didn't fall because his steadily kept me in place. The two men I didn't wanted to break down in front of, saw me do exactly that. I was angry at myself so I shed them nonetheless.

"I'm sorry, love. I should've acted more like an adult." I sobbed but didn't wasted anymore time. "Dad lend me your men, I know where they took him. I can track them through the GPS device I hid inside Kai's anklet."

"Give those bastards the ransom and get him back. His safety is important than killing them." My dad suggested calmly as he wiped my tears

"Dad they don't want the money. They.." I took in a wavering breath as my sweaty palm griped the fabric of my dress more tighter. ".. They want his life. They-No She! Wants to kill my son!.." I shivered as tears rolled down my cheeks I've been trying not to think what could they have done to my son. Dad stiffened as he retreated "she wants him dead!!.. Papa." My moist eyes looked through my lashes in deep stormy eyes of his.

"Boss. The helicopter is ready weapons have been loaded. We're good to go!" The armed guard materialized from the shadows reporting particularly to my dad and the boss waved him off "I won't ask further questions. There's plenty of time for that. Just go." He patted my head I looked into his cloudy eyes which trailed down to my... waist and from those huge rough hands which rested there his narrowed eyes went to the man behind me.

Crap!