Part 8

When they arrived back at the loft everyone was still there.  The girls looked at Stiles a bit pityful. Isaac smiled at them hoping for the best and Scott's face read guilt all over. "I'm okay", Stiles said as he entered the room and went to his bag that was lying next to the couch he has been sleeping on the past weeks.
"I am so sorry, bro", Scott went to him immediatly to apologize.
"I know Scottie. Derek told me", Stiles said and put his stuff into his bag.
"I wasn't thinking about it. I'm sorry", Scott exclaimed and looked like a kicked puppy. He feared to lose his best friend. Stiles turned towards him. 
"It's okay. Derek and I talked about it. It's not important anymore. You didn't do it on purpose", Stiles forgave him and Scott let out a breath he had been holding since Stiles had left the loft. "Come here", Stiles opened his arms for Scott to get in and Derek growled lowly, inaudible for everyone but Isaac who was standing right beside him. Isaac raised an eyebrow at his alpha that clearly asked "jealous?" and Derek just smirked at the boy that wasn't only his beta but his friend. When Scott and Stiles parted, Stiles continued to put his things in his bag. "What are you doing?", Scott asked.
"I am packing my stuff, what does it look like?", Stiles sassed and Scott glared at Derek.
"You are kicking him out? Are you kidding me?", Scott was furious but Stiles lay a hand on his shoulder.
"We talked about it, Scott", Stiles reminded him and Scott just shook his head.
"No, that's just not okay", Scott was furious "this is all my fault. You can come live with me". Stiles smiled at his best friend.
"Who said he was leaving?", Derek asked while Stiles put the last thing in his bag and closed it.
"Didn't you just...?", Scott was confused. Stiles looked at Derek questioningly.
"Oh yeah, sorry. Come on", he gestured towards the stairs and went ahead of him. As they disappeared upstairs the pack all looked at each other in confusion.
"I don't get it", Scott whined and turned to Isaac "doesn't he have only two bedrooms upstairs? Is he going to kick you out?" Isaac rolled his eyes at his friend.
"Sometimes you are just too oblivious and naive Scott", he stated and laughed a bit. Allison and Lydia seemed to suspect something just as Stiles and Derek came back down. "What?", Scott asked Isaac who looked to Derek and Stiles to ask for permission silently. Derek and Stiles smiled at each other and Isaac took that as a yes.
"Well, Scott, let's just say that one of us could keep his mouth shut about the secret feelings of a friend", he said and that was all it took for confirmation and Lydia and Allison squeeled loudly.
"No way!", Allison cooed and smiled brightly. Stiles didn't know what to do so he just stopped in the middle of the room with Derek nearly running into him. Derek took his hand and guided him to the armchair were he sat down and pulled Stiles into his lap. Stiles seemed to relax at Derek's touch but was still blushing a little. He took Derek's hand and leant back into his chest.
"Thanks for not thinking before speaking, Scott", Derek teased his beta and smiled.
"Ha ha", Scott rolled his eyes "are the two of you like together now?". Stiles and Derek looked at each other then back to Scott.
"I am kinda like Derek's....", Stiles started stuttering.
"Boyfriend?", Lydia nearly jumped in joy.
"Mate", Derek finished.
"Woah, what?", Isaac spoke up "you didn't tell me he is your mate man. Congratulations". Derek smiled at the boy and put his arms around Stiles to pull him into him more and kiss his neck.
"Mates?", Allison asked "that's so rare". She sat and stared in awe.
"We are witnesses of some historical shit going down", Lydia nodded at her best friend.
"I'm so happy for you man", Scott smiled reliefed that everything turned out well "see I told you, you were worthy of his love".
"Scott, are you serious?", Stiles asked pissed "keep your freaking mouth shut". Scott face palmed and Isaac just shook his head in the most annoyed way ever. Stiles tried to stand up but was held back by Derek's arms.
"You really thought that you didn't deserve me?", Derek asked incredulous. Stiles shrugged and tried to hide the tears that were again starting to fill his eyes.
"You're the most wonderful human being in the world. If anything then I should worry about me being absolutely not good enough for you", Derek lectured him and one single tear dropped down Stiles' cheek. "That's not true Derek. You are all those wonderful things. When I am with you I am feeling safe and happy and like nothing could ever happen to me. You've shown me there is good when I only saw the bad. Derek you are...", Stiles tried to think of the perfect word to desribe it "...home. You feel like I am at home".
"Please don't ever think you might not be enough", Derek let Stiles turn in his arms so they were looking at each other "I love you, do you hear me? Even when you're broken or lost, you will always be that light that keeps everyone around you alive. Never forget that. You matter to all of us, especially to me". Derek kissed him softly and another tear made it's way down Stiles' cheek.
"I love you", Stiles whispered into the kiss. 
"That was so romantic, I think I am about to faint. Allison, hold me", Lydia said and fell against her best friend's shoulder "these two are so cute, it's killing me". Allison giggled and Stiles had to laugh and broke the kiss.
"You look so beautiful when you smile", Derek whispered in his ear and Stiles blushed a little and leant further into Derek's arms. Yes, this felt like home.