Chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

Brielle practically bunny hopped into art, and I soon saw why. Luke was sitting in there, drawing something. She crept up behind him and jumped on his back, giggling at his scared face. I just left them to their couple-y things and found a table to sit at by myself. I put headphones in and started drawing.

Half an hour later I realised I'd been absentmindedly drawing Ashton. My vision blurred with tears but I wiped them away quickly and flipped to another page in my drawing pad to start over. This time I started drawing mountains. I was so focused I didn't notice when someone sat with me until they waived their hand in my face. I jumped and blinked a few times before taking out one of my headphones and pausing the "Dirty Problem" mashup remix I was listening to.

"Hi," the boy said. He looked to be a year or two older than me with amazing blue eyes and shaggy brown hair. I could see a five o'clock shadow across his cheeks and chin.

"Hi," I replied, setting my pencil down to give this attractive stranger my attention.

"I'm Louis." He flashed a smile that could end hunger and bring world peace, stretching his hand out towards me. I shook it tentatively. "I'm Claire."

"Well Claire, are you busy later?" Louis asked after I'd let go of his hand.

"Um, no. Why?" I was kind of apprehensive as to where this was going.

"How would you like to go on a date with me then?" I almost fell backwards out of my chair.

"Well, I don't even know you. And you don't know me."

"I could get to know you over dinner tonight."

"Why me?"

"Cause you're beautiful." I blushed at his words, looking down at my half finished mountains. I started really thinking about this. My heart said no because I just broke up with Ashton and I still missed him, but my brain said yes because Ashton used me for sex and then kissed some guy named Niall. I looked back up at at Louis who was obviously desperately waiting for an answer.

"Sure," I finally said and I saw the relief on Louis' face as he smiled at me again.

"Okay, pick you up at eight?" he asked. I nodded and wrote my address down on a piece of paper before handing it to him. "Anything special I should wear?"

"A dress or something dressy. I want to take you somewhere special." I blushed again and nodded.

"See you at eight love," Louis said before walking away.

"Bye," I replied, blushing furiously. What the fuck was that?

"Damn, Claire gets the hoes," Brielle said, sitting in the seat Louis just got up from. I rolled my eyes at her and said, "Shouldn't you be with your boyfriend?"

"Nah, you're more important." I looked up from my drawing again to see her smiling at me. I saw Luke sitting by himself with headphones in, just drawing. He saw me looking at him, smiled and waived, and went back to his drawing.

"Since when is Luke in this class?" I asked her. She shrugged. "Apparently since the beginning of the year, like us." I nodded and kept drawing, Brielle drawing across from me. She did that a lot and I appreciated it. She knew I liked to focus on my work & kept me company. Extremely silent company.

All too soon art was over. I sighed and packed up my drawing pad before walking out with Brielle and Luke. On the way out I saw Louis waiving at me. I smiled and waived back before continuing to walk with Brielle and Luke. They might be annoying because they're all cute and couple-y when I can't be with Ashton, but they were still a cute fucking couple.