Prologue

There was a point in my life where I truly considered blood to be thicker than water. I was an adolescent with her head in the clouds. I came from a family broken family. A single parent home that was ran by my father. All I knew was my oldest brother Todd and younger brother Troy, being that I was the middle child. We grew up inseparable and always had one another's back. So, when my oldest brother Todd fell on challenging times and asked if he could stay at my house until he gets back on his feet I did not hesitate to say yes.

Now I'm regretting ever allowing that low down excuse for a man into my home. I'm still restless after being awakened from my sleep. My husband was working a double shift and our thirteen-year-old daughter Kyra let out a frightening scream and came rushing into my room.

Her twin brother Kenneth was asleep in his room came racing into my room to his sister's aid. I looked over at my alarm clock that read 2:35 am. I still in bed and I was alarm. This had to had been a dream, but it was my chilling reality.

"Mama! Uncle Todd rape me!" She screamed as blood raced down the length of her legs.

I quickly yanked my blankets off me and said, "Where is Uncle Todd at?"

My son Kenneth was in tears trying to wrap his twin sister in the blanket on my bed.

"Mama, let me handle him!" Kenneth pleaded as he sat his sister on the edge of my bed to comfort her.

"No, Kenneth stay your ass here with your sister and call 911 off my phone and your daddy. I'm going to handle his nasty low-down ass!" I handed him my cell phone and kissed both them on their foreheads. I had to be strong for my children and backing down from my brother was not an option.

My son was quiet as he observed me and called for help. I quickly stormed into the walk-in closet that I shared with my husband and grabbed his 40 Glock from his Timberland shoe box that was concealed in its case. I loaded the gun with three rounds found the shoe box. My heart was pounding quickly enough to fuel my desire for vengeance.

I left my bedroom and closed the door behind me. Pacing through the second floor of my home with clenched teeth and a heavy heart kept me from screaming. I walked through both of my kid's room and Todd was not in either of them. I walked further down the hallway and I heard a ruffling of bags in the guest bedroom that he was staying in. The door was halfway cracked before I opened it and asked,

"Where in the hell do you think you're going, Todd?"

He paid no attention to me and continued packing the gym bags that he came with.

"Excuse me! Don't you hear me talking to your black ass! You raped my got damn daughter you piece of shit!" I aimed my gun at his head and he immediately stopped packing.

We locked eyes and he had tears racing down his face along with claw marks that indicated there was a struggle between him and my daughter. He wore a black v neck and joggers to match. I could no longer find the courage to even imagine why he had the chilling audacity to touch my child. Todd was no longer a big brother to me or the uncle to my children. Todd was a child molester and a rapist. Never would I have thought that I would have been placing my children in harm's way by simply allowing their so-called uncle to stay underneath the same roof as them.

"Let me explain, Tammy! I wasn't thinking, but I'm no damn rapist! You know me better than what you think this is! For God sakes, I help raise you! Remember?"

"Fuck you, Todd! Being siblings doesn't mean shit to me today or right now, so you can spare me the bullshit! Now you either are going to tell me what really happened before the police get here or I'm going to do you a favor and end your sick pathetic ass life with one bullet to the head."

I studied his body language closely. If I made any wrong move I knew that one could easily be on the other end of the gun making a plea for my life in my own home.

"I don't have to explain shit to you, Tam! You always think you have everything going the hell on and that you have such a better life than everyone in the family. You think that your husband is a better man than me. Then you have you Lil hot in the ass daughter walking around here with..."

"Todd, if you take the shit there I promise you that you won't live to see another birthday. Try me!"

"Just shoot me, Tammy! You all big and tough now! Taking all that cash money and not about shit!" He threw his hands up in a joking matter laughing. I was about to pull the trigger and he rushed into me with force, causing me to fall and lose hold of the gun.

"You ole stupid bitch! He said as he wrestled on top of me with and pistol smack me in the face with the butt of the gun.

"Get the hell off me you dirty bastard!" I choked on my own blood as he placed the gun into my mouth. I heard the emergency sirens fill the silence of guilt in the room.

"You know what I'm going to do for you sis, I'm going to spare you your life. Just tell me where the hell you placed the keys to that Jeep in your garage? If you don't tell me when you die it's as simple as that. You have until the count of three to tell me and you could return back to living like the Joneses." He removed the gun from my mouth and stood over my body.

He was wrong in so many ways I would never be able to return to living my life the way that it was before he raped my daughter. I stared him down and said, "The keys are in the kitchen by the dining room table."

He wasted no time grabbing one of his filled gym bags. He kicked me in my ribs and grabbed one of his gym bags with clothes and raced out of the room. I was in a hunched position in tears. My children needed for me to be their hero and I felt as if I failed them. The aching pain that traveled all throughout my body did not matter. Only justice for my daughter had emotionally filled me. I stumbled out of the bedroom and called out to my son to help me. He opened my bedroom door down the hall and came running.

"Mama, are you going to be alright?" He asked as he helps to usher me to my bedroom.

"Yeah, Kenneth, and I hope that your sister is going to be alright too."

He just looked over at me and smiled as he focused on getting me into the room. Once we both made it inside my room I stumbled over to my daughter with my son's guidance and embraced them with a heartwarming hug. I kissed them both on the forehead again and said as the sirens drew even closer, "I will never stop fighting for a better life for either one of you. Your Uncle Todd will pay for what he has done and I'm not talking about with money either. I just didn't want to fail neither one of you as your mother."

Kyra locked eyes with me and said, "Thank you for fighting for me, mama. Let karma do the rest. God doesn't sleep."

*****For more of Kyra and Kenneth's story please rate and let me know!******