My Story

My name is Helen.

I live with my mom, Magdalena. Long ago she has been infected by deliria. The deadly disease. She always described it as the best thing that has ever happened to her. She lived in Portland with her maternal aunt. My mom's mother, my grandma, was thought to be dead for almost ten years. Until they found out she was a prisoner in The Crypts (somehow our jail) in Ward 6 (the worst of all)

My grandma kept writing the word LOVE on the walls until the letter 'O' dug a tunnel and she escaped into the Wilds. She was locked there (in the Crypts) because she was one of those who refused to make the procedure because she never wanted to stop loving my grandfather who died from cancer.

In my mom's entire life, living with her aunt and her aunt's daughters, she has known that her mom has committed suicide as refusal to stop loving my grandfather who died. She never actually knew that she was alive in the Crypts.

After my mom fell in love with Alex (my dad) and found out how much love is amazing, she refused to do the procedure too and escaped into the Wilds.

My dad was shot while their escape by the regulators. But my mom did actually reach the Wilds. And she was really hurt for losing my dad. After the regulators who followed them left, my mom crossed the borders back into the city to take the last look at my dad. She discovered that he wasn't dead yet, for she felt his heartbeats under her hand. But his eyes were closed and his hands were trembling. She silently snuck him back into the Wilds from behind the borders. And there.... It was my turn to come into life.....