t h r e e

"So, why did you blow me off earlier?" Noel asked as I sat on his kitchen counter, drinking from a glass of water.

"Why do you think, Noel?"

Noel ran his hand through his hair. "Yeah, I guess it was really stupid of me. Sorry about that." He proceeded to put some ice into a glass.

"It's alright, I guess."

Noel paused for a second. "How-how's Liam?"

I looked straight at him: he had a slightly worried expression on his face. Was something bothering him?

"He's fine. He's... happy?"

Noel nodded and stared into his water. I decided to just ask. "Noel, are you okay?"

"I... I guess I'm happy for him."

"That wasn't an answer to my question, Gallagher," I stated, taking another sip.

"I- I don't know... I kind of feel like I- I... I might have overreacted a little when I decided to quit Oasis."

I stared at him, shocked. Was he actually serious?

"Y'know, he's my brother an' all. I miss him. But he hates me now and he made that perfectly clear. If he didn't, he would be fine with us still being friends."

I couldn't believe it. "I'm sorry, Noel. I can try to talk to him if you'd like?"

Noel smiled at me, and I could tell it was genuine. "I don't think it'd work, but you could give it a try?"

"Of course, Noel. anything for you."

~

MARCH 5TH, 2011.

"April! We have to leave in like five minutes and you're still in the fucking bathroom!" Liam shouted, banging on the door with his fist.

"Correction: ten minutes. You're just exaggerating, give me a bloody second," I hissed back.

"Sorry if I wanna get there early, seeing as it's the first concert after the fucking album release!" he retorted. "That means it's important!"

I rolled my eyes and opened the bathroom door. Liam gasped and I smirked.

"Wow, I guess it was worth the wait then!" he exclaimed as he picked me up and twirled me around. "You look absolutely stunning. now, shall we?"

~

The concert was incredible. It was just in a large pub in the heart of Manchester: the band wanted to save all the big concerts for the actual tour. They even performed a couple of old Oasis songs, which the audience loved.

After the concert, Liam made his way over to me at the bar. I was already just a little tipsy, and Liam had had a couple of drinks as well. I was currently drinking from a glass of white wine (a drink I don't really like but I got it on the house so I wasn't going to turn it down). The bartender handed Liam a free pint of beer and he took it gratefully before taking a sip.

"So! what did you think?" Liam asked, looking pretty confident with himself, as always.

"You were incredible! Like really really really really good!" I finished the wine and slammed the glass down on the counter.

Liam wasn't listening. "Hey, who's that guy over there?" He pointed to someone with their back facing us. "He looks upset. I'll buy him a drink."

"How can you tell?" the bartender asked as Liam pushed a fiver towards him.

"I," he started, looking at me and raising his eyebrows, "am magical."

The bartender chuckled.

"You're pissssed, aren't you, Liam? Do I need to drive us home?"

"You're pissed too, Aprillll! We'll get a taxi."

"Noooo! Taxis smell of old people."

"They do not! Old people don't get taxis!"

"They do sometimes! Plus we do and we're olddd."

"We're NOT old!" Liam exclaimed. "We are staying young-"

At that moment, something in his head snapped. He stood up on the bar stool and I started clapping.

"ONE WAYYY OUT IS ALLL YOU'RE EVER GOINGGG TO GET!" Liam screamed and I cheered.

"FROM THOSE WHO'LL-"

Suddenly, he tripped over and was about to fall flat on his face. But he never hit the floor: a pair of arms stopped him.

Liam awkwardly stood up and dusted himself off - the fall seemed to have sobered him up. "Hey, thanks mate."

"No problem."

Liam looked up at the man who saved him from falling. And he saw the one man he didn't expect to see. The one man he vowed to cut out of his life forever. The one man who he never wanted to see again.

Noel.

~

i feel like this was a little cringe but i don't care

anyway i'm going to york this weekend yay

-z