Chapter 17: Amber's Encounter

Hi guys, this is PATringuinie again! It's been so long since I've updated Aleeza's story so I missed it so now I'm updating it xD Enjoy! 

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The weeks have passed without me even noticing it. The days have always ended having me and Jeremiah near the lake in Valentina's garden. I cannot believe how many times she's renovated it. That girl is strong. Stronger than me, I presume.

I shudder at the thought.

I sighed and wandered around the palace garden in fear of getting caught by any one of my sisters. Have I not told you yet? It is the day before my wedding day. All the practices and fittings have been finished, thank god, but...my sisters seem to be too excited over nothing.

Sure, I am getting married for the first--and luck be with me,--and last time but, please. It's not that big of a deal.

They do not know that Jeremiah is the man--the boy I've loved in the past. And still do. Amber has been acting strange around her prince. Adrian if I remember correctly. Also around Jeremiah. It has consumed my thoughts for a while now, and it still haunts me why.

I was nearing the lake me and Jeremiah have been in without me even noticing. I was about to take a step inside when suddenly I heard the familiar voice I've been dreading to hear.

"Amber, how nice of you to join me. And look, you've brought your prince along."

My eyes widened and fear---no, not fear. Anger took over my entire body. My usual icy self became as hot as the sun. I stepped in, not caring at all of what Amber will think of me.

"Who are you?! Where did you come from?! You have no right to be here! And especially no right to come barging in and---and---" Amber hissed. She choked, and I could feel she was in pain too.

She was kneeling, bloodied actually. Her prince lay still on the ground, losing much blood too. My hand covered my mouth as a look of horror washed away all the anger that was on my face moments ago.

"And what princess? Kill your prince?" He ended the sentence with a venomous laugh in which I hated him for. He had promised---when my 3rd child was born---I despised him. I should have predicted this.

Amber was taken aback, her eyes filled with tears. She knew her prince was dying. And she couldn't do anything. She was bruised, her powers would be able to burn the whole city down if she tried. 

That was it. He crossed the line. He's hurt my sister.

The warm place full of green leaves and exotic fruits has turned icy cold. The lake froze, all the way through but not killing any of the creatures who lived in there. The trees froze along with the lake, and an apple fell to the ground. Hitting the boot of Michael. He has noticed the weather, and so did Amber. Her face was now full of horror, but not from the likings of Michael. But from the likings of me. In my full power and anger.

He laughed at my little display of powers. It was freezing, practically killing Amber. She is, matter of fact, full of fire.

Remembering the presence of Amber snapped me back to reality. I was killing her. He had planned this. He knew I wouldn't be able to hurt him as long as Amber was here. He knew I wouldn't go that far. 

I slumped my shoulders in defeat.  My knees fell weak and tears soaked my face. 

He cupped my chin in his hand, and snapped my head to face his. His blue eyes were full of venom and hate, as well as mine was.