"You're not driving all the way back to London are you?".  I asked.

Trying to speak with the feeling that something was wrapped tightly around my throat was proving to be very difficult and my voice ended up sounding quite choked up.

Alan smiled at me and shook his head.

"Not tonight no, I'm meeting some friends in the Cotswolds for dinner, some place called The Turnpike I believe its called". 

"Oh".  I answered slowly, now realising that he already had a prior engagement and bringing me here, although not exactly on the way, wasn't the sole purpose for his long drive.

I don't know why, but I felt a little disappointed by that.
I had mistakenly thought that he had driven me here today because, like he had told me last night, he had nothing else better to do.
Seems as though, he had.

I gave a deep sigh.
It was very stupid of me to think like that in the first place.
I mean, someone such as Alan Rickman was never going to be short of something to do now was he!

"Is it very far?".  I then asked.

"I'm not really sure of its location".  He frowned. 

He took an inward breath.

"You're very welcome to join me, if you like". 

I stared at him. My heart was now beating so fast it was uncontrollable, although I had to admit I thought I'd misheard him.

Did he really just ask me to go with him to dinner? And with friends of his being there as well?

"I....um...well...I...". 

The truth was, I didn't know what to say.
I mean its not every day that a Movie Star asks you out for a meal now is it!

"It would be my pleasure if you'd accompany me".   He went on. "But I do understand its a bit short notice. I had been meaning to ask you all day". 

My eyes widened at him.

"You have?".  I asked.

"Of course".  He grinned,  "I find your company to be truly enlightening". 

"What? Really?".  I asked, hardly believing his words.

Alan Began to laugh quietly to himself.

"Really".  He confirmed.

All sorts of scenario's  began racing through my head.
Its funny how many different things you can think about in just a very few seconds.
I mean, who were these friends of his? Actors, anyone famous and how many of them were there? Were they all partnered up and that's why he'd asked me so he wouldn't be the odd one out. Would that sort of thing really bother him anyway.
And where was he staying tonight?
With one of these friends in their home or did he have a room somewhere? A plush hotel.

Oh God. I couldn't stay overnight with him!
I just couldn't.
I mean, would he expect me to or would I have to stay on my own with one of his friends. Someone I didn't know, or worse someone I did because I'd seen them in a film or in a play!

"Well?".  He suddenly asked, breaking me away from my turmoiled thought process.

"Um, I don't think I'd better".  I answered, pulling a disappointed face at him.  "Sorry". 

Alan tilted his head to one side in a questioning manner.

"I've just got back you see".  I went on, as I started to wring my hands nervously in front of me.

He was now narrowing his eyes at me as he noticed my strange hand movements.

"It wouldn't be very nice".   I carried on, "You know for Mum".