Chapter sixteen (unedited-ish)

She was nervous. Extremely nervous. All the poor girl could think about was how to quickly get the information she needs.
    Thomas picked her up an hour ago, repeatedly reassuring her that she will be fine. As of now, Anna and Thomas were at some party. She sat on a bar stool, playing with a piece of fallen hair from her updo. Arthur picked her out a beautiful red dress that hung to her waist, and flowed at the bottom.

   Thomas was off to the side in a black suit, talking to two older gentlemen

   Thomas was off to the side in a black suit, talking to two older gentlemen. He would look over to her periodically, making sure she was okay. Sooner or later, he made his way to Anna, looking to her red painted lips. "You have ten minutes until Doug and you go to his house." He informed her.

   Anna slouched a tad, hating the words spilling out of his mouth. Thomas frowned at her appearance. Seeing she was rather scared. He put his hand on her back, causing her to look up at him. "Are you going to be scared all day?" He asked her. She bit her lip, feeling her stomach swirl. He watched her, not being able to look away from her lips. "I...I just.." She trailed off, looking to the alcohol being served. "I just keep fearing of being over powered by him." she confessed. Thomas grinned, intrigued by her comment. He held up a hand to the bar tender, ordering Anna some rum.

   He moved closer to Anna, feeling her body close to his chest. "I told you, I will be there before he could do a thing to you." he says as the bar tender brought her the drink. She slowly downed it, leaning her lips up to his ear. "What if someone tips him off and you can't get in?" She asked. Thomas starred at her, pondering over her question. Out of a teasing motion, he got closer to her, smelling her warm vanilla sent. "Then God help him." He whispered close to her ear. She shivered as goosebumps crawled on her body. Anna let out giggles to herself. Thomas hid his smile close to her, enjoying her reaction. However, his smile once vanished when he saw Anna freeze. She was looking across the bar.

   He followed her gaze, spotting Doug at the edge of the bar. He was an ugly man. Oily, half bald, fat, and a tad short. The only thing woman went for, was his money. Thomas tensed and backed away from Anna. "Its time."

~~~

   Doug's house was huge. And I mean "more then a rich man" huge. Anna looked around his home as he led her up stairs to a dusty study. It was filled with paintings, expensive furniture, and a few wine bottles scattered here and there. Once they reached his study, Anna was discouraged by the mess. Files, books, and wine everywhere. "Sorry for the mess, I don't usually clean once I am done with this room." He apologized to her. Anna noticed his desk had imprints in the dust of someones handprints and bum.

   "What a bastard." She thought to herself. She kept on a brave smile, looking over to a pool table on the other side of the room. "Shall we play pool as we discuss?" Doug asked her, catching her gaze. She looked over to him with a small smile. "I'd rather-" she was cut off by Doug holding up a file with her mothers family crest on it, "You will get this, if you play a game of pool with me." Doug smugly gave her a smile.

   "Why should I play you?" She asked worriedly. He only shrugged. "Only and Icebreaker, and to see if what your mother has told me is true." He spat out. Anna rolled her eyes, she really needed that file.

••

   It had been an hour since he has last seen Anna. Surely getting information shouldn't take that long. Thomas crept through Doug's house silently, smoking a cigarette. He was hoping everything was going well, hopefully nothing bad had happened to Anna just yet. He must keep his word of the family protecting her.

   He slowly crept up the stairs, his emotionless face scanning the halls. He blew out his last bit of smoke, before stepping on the finished cigarette. It was quiet, extremely quiet. "Are they even here?" He thought to himself. Once he was deep in his thoughts, a scream sliced through the silence. The sound was waves, making his heart beat faster. His eyes widened as he heard Anna's cry for help. He felt his whole body warm with anger. Finally, he raced up the stairs full speed, hoping she wasn't badly hurt.

••
(Warning: this has sexual harassment and close encounters of rape. You have been warned)

   Through half of the game, Doug made his movements quick. As Anna was leaned over to make her shot, he lunged at her. Trying to pin Anna on her stomach to the pool table. She struggled against him, reaching up and grabbing a pool ball. She swung it around, hitting him on the side of his half bald head. "Fuck!" He hissed as she stumbled away. Anna quickly made her way over to the file he sat down on the desk across the room. But sadly, Doug was right behind her.

   He pushed her down over the desk, pushing her head down to smack hardly on the wood. She let out a yelp of pain, her vision swirling. He moved the bottom of the dress up over her. His hand explored in between her thighs. Putting pressure on her area. "Oh how smooth you are." He groaned.

   Anna's eyes filled with tears, she couldn't believe this was happening to her. She let out a piercing scream of fear. Doug frowned at her in anger, flipping her over on her back. The edge of the desk pained her, she felt as if her back would break. "Petty whore!" He screamed in her face. He brought his fist up, it quickly meeting her cheek. He grabbed the loose part of her dress, ripping it upwards, showing her lower undergarment. She struggled to get him off of her, but he managed to put all of his ugly weight on her body. The ringing in her ears made it hard for her to think.

   Suddenly, Doug's weight was lifted off of her when a loud shot rang out. He stampers away as another figure pushed him to the ground. Anna fell the the ground, loud sob erupted from her shaking figure. Her ears ringing more due to the loud bang. Through a dizzy head and blurry eyes, she saw Thomas repeatedly hitting Doug. Over, and over, and over, and over.

   As he hit the damned man in the face with strong strokes, flashes of the war ran through Thomases head. Causing him to hit harder. He only remembers war in his dreams, but this man filled him with hatred.

   She covered her ears to the sickening sound. The ringing didn't subside, making her feel anger as well to her fear. She let out screams that mixed with her sobs. This caused Thomas to stop. He turned from Doug's blood covered face to Anna. She was curled into a ball, her legs were bare due to the large rip in her dress. Thomas got off of Doug, nearly crawling to Anna.

   As he neared, she moved away in fear. she now laid up against the desk, the rug soaking in her tears. She yelled mumbles of words he couldn't understand. He stopped however, looking at her small figure. His gut twisted, and he didnt know why.

   Slowly, he laid on his side, his arm angled out in front of him. He looked into Anna's tear filled eyes. She stopped yelling, and just sobbed. Thomas couldn't look away, she was beautiful even when scared.

  Quick footsteps entered the room. Thomas knowing it was John, who was his back up after all. "Tell Arthur and Aunt Poll to start a small bonfire. Bring another car as well." Thomas ordered. John left without a single word. Thomas just laid there staring at Anna. She calmed down a bit, staring back at the man.

   "I will never...put you through this..again." He stumbled out. Anna's shaking froze, before she slowly reached out to his hand. Holding it in hers.

I know it's bad I'm sorry. Buuuut at least I updated...don't kill me.