"I'm sorry about my behavior. I know it upset you. Goodnight Charlotte." Henry says and when he lays down he's facing me. I can't help but smile as he immediately goes to sleep. I just lay down and choose to follow his footsteps. I face the other way so my back is to him and we have enough space for Aaron to fit between us if he needs to.

How are we going to maintain a relationship like this ? We can't be good one day and then screaming at each other the next. That's not healthy. Or maybe this is all just temporary ? We did just start being friends again only to realize that we like each other way more than friends do.

I wonder what happened that brought him to this point. I have faint memories of us all fighting crime together in the basement of Junk N' Stuff. Once Henry and I started drifting apart though I quit and Jasper followed shortly after. Crime hasn't been as wild as before and Ray has been out as Captain Man but Kid Danger seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Why am I just now realizing that Henry hasn't been being a superhero in forever ? He was doing so good and it made him feel so happy. I never thought he'd give that up. That's crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wake up Char." is what I hear from the mouth of Henry. I slowly open my eyes to see Henry and he looks well rested.

"Morning." He says and I just nod then close my eyes. Sleep is still calling me.

"Oh no you don't. Get up!" He says and I get hit with a pillow. I jump up and tackle him.

"Boy, don't you be hitting me." I seethe out as I start to punch him as he laughs.

"Alright chill you got it." He laughs out and grabs my fists holding onto them.

" You're so cute when you're mad." He says and I roll my eyes.

" Speaking of cute, I have a question." I say before yawning. I get up to go brush my teeth and pee. After I'm done, I sit back down in bed. Henry stares at me like I'm crazy.

" What happened to KD?" I ask and Henry's face drops.

"You don't have to tell me-"

" No no, I'll tell you. Just no one's seemed to show interest in him once we put him to rest. Well anyways, it was the week after Jasper left. Ray and I were called out of town to help transfer some prisoners. When we got there, the prisoners had already escaped and had took out all the guards. One uh one of the uh", he takes a deep breath, " one of them was that guy who posed as your brother to try and get money from your family. He started taunting me asking if you ever got that broken arm fixed and if anyone even thought you still looked good. I just snapped." Henry finishes.

"So that's it?" I ask and he nods.

"Ray was scared something like that might happen again. I almost killed the guy. He told me that until I can get a hold on this newfound angst I possess I can't be a superhero. He didn't even offer me to just work the store front, he said he was done with me. Schwoz tried to reason with him that he still could use me for other things but Ray wasn't having it. I guess he thought I was going to be the next Drex and just got rid of me." Henry spews out.

"Hey, you're a superhero to all these boys in the house." I say and Henry smiles. He kisses my forehead.

"Thanks Char, you always know what to say." He says and I nod.

"When we get back, I'm going to have a nice talk with Ray." I say already plotting out how to kick his ass.

"No it's okay baby, don't worry about it." Henry says quickly, holding down the fists I didn't even know I'd made. I freeze and look at him.

"What ?" He asks.

"Baby ?" I ask and first he pulls a confused face.

"You called me baby." I restate and realization comes across his face.

" Shit, sorry. I totally forgot -"

"No, it's okay. Use it more, I like it." I say and he nods.

"Baby it is." He says and I steal a kiss from him. I get up quickly after.

"Get back here !" I hear him yell from the bed but I waste no time in making sure I'm already down the hall and away from him. Just as I take my first step downstairs I'm pulled back from out the air.

"I know you don't think you can just peck me on the lips and get away with it. " Henry says as he holds me up. He puts me down against the wall. He slowly places his lips on mine I waste no time in kissing him back. Our lips mold into each other's and move like waves crashing against the sand.

"MOMMMYYYY!" We hear which causes us to pull away.

"Well, that's all you baby girl." Henry says smugly.

"Give it a second." I say after cutting my eyes at him.

"DADDYYYYY!" We hear which causes me to laugh while Henry groans.

"Parenting is tough huh?" I ask and Henry sighs. He pecks my lips.

"With you it's the best." He says and then pulls me off the wall by my hand as we go to the aid of our kids.