Ch. 4-The Hunter Family

Start from the beginning

I immediately began piling my plate high with the all the delicious smelling food. Biting into a juicy turkey leg and stuffing potatoes in your mouth makes it hard to pay attention to conversation. So when my brother nudges me I get slightly annoyed by the interruption.

"What?" I mumble with food still in my mouth. He shakes his head being used to my gross eating habits and points across the table at the Hunter boy. I think his name is James or Jeremy or something like that. I turn my head to meet eyes with him and he's giving me this super weird look. Damn hasn't he seen a girl eat before?

"Hungry?" he asks sarcastically.

I am in no mood to reply so I give him the finger instead and continue eating. I hear Leo choking trying to unsuccessfully hold in a laugh. I don't even glance back up to see Justin's reaction. After the meal is over my father informs us he has a few more things to discuss with alpha Hunter and they head off to his office. Leo and I stand in the living room staring at the huge peach colored couch. Who decorated this place? Whoever did seriously needs some pointers because this couch is horrible.

This is the ugliest couch I have ever seen. I mentally say to Leo. He nods his head in agreement. Before we can sit the little girl comes skipping into the room and jumps on the hideous colored couch.

"Hi I'm Angel! I bet you can't guess what I am" she said teasingly to us

"Hi Angel I'm Leo and this is my little sister Trish." Leo flashes Angel our infamous family smile making her giggle

"So what are you kid?" I ask getting to the point. I guess I'm not as good with kids. Her smile falters a little before she jumps off the couch

"I am a super spy ninja wolf!" she says as she kicks and karate chops the air. Here I thought my family was weird. Luckily she was cute and can get away with that. We watch her for a minute and then her arrogant brother enters the room

"Angel stop with the ninja wolf stuff and go play somewhere else please" he picks her up, kisses her forehead and sets her back down. She folds her small arms across her chest then shocks me my kicking him in the leg. My brother and I burst out laughing.

"I am a super spy ninja wolf! And I'll prove it!" she shouts before fleeing the room. We try to regain our composure as we watch him hop on one foot. Leo straightens back to a position of authority and I continue to laugh

"I don't know why you're laughing" Hunters son says coolly to me "I hear you believe in fantasies too"

My laughter dies in my chest when I realize what he's referring to. Unfortunately for him there isn't anything he can say about my relationship that I haven't heard three times already. My brother shakes his head in disapproval before I even say a word. For his sake I will go easy on the guy

"Look James I don't know what you heard but don't think for a second you know me" my voice deadly close to a growl but I control it.

"My name is Jordan, and one night with me and you will forget all about your little girlfriend" he remarks taking a comfortable seat on the couch tapping his lap for me to sit on it. I feel myself getting angrier by the second

"Don't ever talk to my sister like that" Leo says in my defense. Josh puts on that cocky smile of his a shrugs. This ass thinks he can talk to me like that. He must not know who I am but that's ok I will remind him soon.

"I know little boys like you Jacob that act all big and cocky" I say a smile teasing my lips "When really they are just trying to hide the fact that there isn't ANYTHING big about them" I end crossing my arms.

His eyes shift for a brief second but not fast enough for me to miss it. Looks like I hit that ego nicely. He stands up never breaking eye contact with me. The alpha blood in my veins is ready to challenge him and from the look in his eyes he's willing to accept. Leo steps in between us and pulls me away.