Chapter 7: Masks and Gin

Start from the beginning

Nothing. No bullet, no bang, no nothing. The only word you could utter was a blunt and simple "Shit." Sionis laughed and yelled "You're dead meat (L/N)!" Just as he shot you saw something black hit Mask and drop the gun. You looked at the ground: a batarang. You and Sionis looked up at where it came from and saw the one, The Only, BATMAN!

Mask yelled "Boys! The bat's here. Light 'im up!" Just when he said that guns were firing and both you and Batman got down for cover. He said "What did Sionis want with you?" More gunfire arose and you said "He wanted to know where the Red Hood is." The gunfire kept going on and on. He said "Do you know?" to which you replied "No. I just met the S.o.B. yesterday and he just talked. Should've arrested him but he's a childhood friend." Batman pulled out a batarang and said "Got your gun?". You said "No. I was kidnapped while in an ambulance. God I hate Scarecrow." Batman looked at your arm and saw the 12 injections. He asked "You show no signs of fear?" You said "I'll answer your questions when we're out of this gunfight. You got anything?". He handed you a gun of some sorts, no magazine though. You ask "What is this?" Batman bluntly replies "A stun gun." You thought 'Pretty much just a gun (F/N), get over it.' You brought cover fire for Batman as he ran out of the office and dropped at smoke pellet. You saw him grapple up to the roof. You counted 14 men with guns on the ground, 15 counting Sionis. You thought Batman would do a fear tactic against Sionis, but he did it on the goons instead by dropping on top of Sionis and doing something involving a knock out but you couldn't see through the smoke. But when it cleared Sionis was down and the men dropped their guns.

Timeskip to 20 minutes later
The police arrived at the warehouse and arrested all the men and Sionis. While Bullock was dragging his ass away he yelled "I'll get you (L/N)! You know where he is! I know-" and got cut off by Harvey slamming the door. He said "Does he ever shut up?" You chuckled, turned to Batman, and said "Bats, what did you want to ask me before?" He said "Scarecrow's fear toxin. It didn't affect you?" You shrugged, looked at your arm, and said "No." Batman asked "How many doses did you have?" You said "12." nonchalantly. Batman, SHOCKED, said "You need a hospital." you retaliated and said "I need a drink." You yelled "Harvey!" Harvey looked at you and said "Yeah?" You said "Where's the best bar in town?" He chuckled and said "Let's head down to the station, then we'll talk gin." You chuckled and went with Harvey.

Batman's P.O.V.
I looked at Jim and said "Watch out for (L/N). Something is off with (him/her)." Jim said "Sorry Batman, I disagree. (He's/She's) a tremendous officer. (He's/She's) put away 5 criminals now and hasn't even been here for 3 days." I looked at Jim and said "(He's/She's) good I'll give (him/her) that." I would still look into (Mr./Ms.) (L/N). I turned to walk away and Jim said "Where were you Batman?" I didn't turn around, but looked back, and said "Robin's dead. I have the right to mourn Jim." I grappled away and heard him say "Take all the time you need Batman."

Barbara's P.O.V.
I showed up at the precinct, in normal clothes, to find Dad, Harvey or (F/N). Mostly Dad or (F/N). I wanted to tell Dad about (F/N) and (F/N) about going on a date. It was a big risk but I wanted to ask (him/her) out. I looked around for a while and saw Harvey and (F/N) come in with Black Mask. He was yelling "I'll get you you twerp! I'll get you (L/N)! You don't mess with Black Mask! If I don't get you then Red Hood'll get you!" (F/N) said "Not likely Masky." and threw him in a lockup cell. Harvey said "Let's go rookie." Before they left (F/N) saw me and said "Give me a moment Harv." He said "Don't wait too long." (F/N) said "Got it." and approached me. (He/She) said "Hey Babs. How are you?" I said "Good. You?" (He/She) said "Pretty good. You alright?" I was quick to answering and said "Yeah, I'm good. Um." I bit on my tongue, I didn't know what to say. (He/She) asked "You sure you're alright? You seem a bit nervous." (he/she) looked around and saw no cops and said "Even Bats get nervous." I punched (him/her) in the shoulder and said "Fine, would you like to discuss business, tomorrow night. My place, 7:30." (F/N) looked intrigued and said "A.m. or P.m.?" I let out an exasperated sigh and said "What do you think?" (He/She) said "I'm thinking there might be something you ain't telling me." I nearly blushed and said "You'll have to find out tomorrow rookie." (F/N) said "Only Harv calls me that." I chuckled and said "Now expect me to call you that." (He/She) laughed and Harvey peeked his head through the door and said "Rookie! I ain't waiting any longer, I need that drink." (F/N) said "On my way Harv." He turned back to me and said "I'll see you tomorrow." and walked off. When I saw (him/her) leave I let out a sigh and said "Well, that's a step."

Your P.O.V
You met Harvey outside and said "Where's the nearest bar?" Harvey said "Forget the nearest, I know the best. Hop in rookie." You and Harvey got in the car and he started up the car. Harvey asked "What did Jim's daughter want with you?" You said "She wanted to meet tomorrow about business." Harvey looked at you and he said "Are you sure she didn't ask you out? Cuz if so prepare for Jimbo to get right on your tail." You never even thought of that and said "Harvey, I highly doubt that she asked me out." Harvey shook it off and said "Alright kid, get ready for the best bar in Gotham. Wine, dine, men and women so fine you'd wanna get wasted as quick as you could." You quickly remarked and said "I've never dated, at all, Harvey." He looked at you shocked and said "Really! You've never had a single boyfriend or girlfriend?". You responded "Not a single one." Harvey said "Ok. We are going to have a long conversation about dating." With that he drove off to the best bar in Gotham.

A/N: Wowee! That took a long time. Long chapter. Special thanks to Gumballino for some ideas. Anyways hope you enjoyed it and have a good day/night. :)