Aventurine

The waves crashed viciously against the shore as the sun began to rise, the blue of the morning sky was banished out by a red glow that crept up from the horizon. The town of Angel Grove was left to simmer in the hellish light. The rangers stood atop of the cliffs, like gargoyles on the church roof, they watched over their town. With the storm rolling in, the wind began to pick up and the temperature dropping by the second.

"What was that rhyme you said the other day?" Kimberly asked, looking over at Zach. "About the sky?"

"Red skies at morning, sailors take warning." He murmured, his eyes fixated on the fishing boats that poured into the harbour, struggling to control their ships on the choppy waters.

"My dad used to say that to me when I was little," Jason added, his gaze not leaving the water. "Before he'd go on big fishing trips...he said as long as the sunset was red he'd be safe."

"We're being warned," Trini whispered as she shifted on her feet. "But what are we being warned about?"

Tremors that vibrated through the rock face, sending the Rangers nearly off their feet. The weather sirens wailed, alarming the town that a storm was on the way and to find shelter before the worst of it hit. The ground became thick with grey mud, swirling around, forming monstrous shapes. Glancing over her shoulder, Kimberly took notice of the activity behind them, her eyes widening at the scene taking place before her.

"Guys." She said as she reached behind her to nudge Trini. "I think I found the reason why we're being warned."

Snapping his head around, Jason stood in front of the others protective, by nature he was more than ready to take the first punch. When Rita was exiled to the outskirts of the atmosphere she took her creative abilities with her, but before the Rangers, a new threat arose.

"What the hell are those things?" Trini asked, stepping back as the mud sloshed around their feet.

"Worry about the technicalities later, we have to handle this now," Jason ordered. "It's morphing time."

"That will always be cheesy," Trini mumbled before morphing into her yellow armour, joining the others in their transformation.

As they fought the grey masses that struggled to take a strong form, their numbers failed to decrease, only increasing in mass with every punch. Stalking out from between the army of grey muddy creatures, you emerged, clad in the emerald shell of armour that pulsed a blue light in the core of your chest.

Like small children, the beasts clung to your legs, waiting for your next move whilst the others continued their raid on the rangers.

"Take them out," Zedd growled, his presence not physical but somehow his voice echoed into the minds of all the rangers. "Bring me their power coins!"

Having been defeated once millions of years ago, Lord Zedd would need all the power he could muster to take his final form. He would bring Armageddon himself, and baptize the world in hellfire, from the ashes his empire would rise again, damming you to an eternity serving as his henchman.

Until the day he could resurrect Rita Repulsa from the cosmic death she had been condemned to, you would serve as his second in command. The person you once were, the one you failed to see as worthy, was now trapped below the surface of who you had become.

Acting as an extension of yourself, you wielded a long, sharp dagger with golden accents. With no warning you charged toward the Rangers, eventually snapping out of their frozen state, they sprung into action. Trini and Kimberly vaulted off of Zach and Billy, throwing themselves upward in order to take you down from above.