3: You're not going to fire me?

Shit. This was the second time in just one day that I was afraid I'd lose my job. Of course, this wasn't Louis, who was known for firing people on the spot if they didn't do what he wanted them to, but still. I had no idea how Harvey Specter would do if I incurred his disapproval.

"I... I'm sorry, I just... I found something I just couldn't let go, and I knew you weren't in and..." I stopped speaking when I noticed the mischievous smirk on his face.

"What did you find then? Anything we could use?" he asked.

I bit my lip. I should have expected that question, but I hadn't. I'd hoped I wouldn't have to explain myself any more. "It's... well, it's not dirt on Aglaea Industries, but the CEO of Bellesa might be--"

"Related to the founder of Aglaea Industries. Well done, Julia. You're right, they are related. Now, come on. We've got work to do," Harvey said and started walking towards a black Lexus.

I stood on the sidewalk, dumbfounded. What exactly had just happened? "Wait a second," I said as I did my best to catch up with him. "Does this mean you're not going to fire me?"

Harvey raised an eyebrow. "Fire you? You just passed my test. Now, get in," he said, using his head to motion towards the car. 

Without asking where we were going, I did as he said, though I still didn't get it. A test? What kind of test? Harvey said down next to me, that smirk playing around his lips again. I supposed it wasn't important why he'd needed me to pass that test because, apparently, I had.

"You're not going to ask me where we're headed?" Harvey asked, a hint of surprise in his tone.

I shrugged. "I didn't think you'd give me a straight answer."

A low chuckle escaped his lips. "You're right. I wouldn't have. Doesn't mean you shouldn't ask."

"Are you going to tell me why or is that for me to find out?" He didn't reply. All he did was give me a what-do-you-think type of look. I rolled my eyes. "Figures."

For the rest of the ride, which fortunately didn't take very long, I ignored Harvey. He didn't seem to mind, though. In fact, he probably rather enjoyed not having to talk to me. Once we arrived at our destination, he got out of the car without a word, expecting me to just follow him.

As I stepped onto the pavement, I realised he'd taken me to the Aglaea Industries headquarters. I suppressed the urge to ask him what we were doing here and just walked inside with him.

As we got to the elevator, Harvey said, "Don't say anything. You're not here to talk. I am."

I raised an eyebrow but promised him I would keep quiet.  Why exactly did he need an associate? First he had me do something he'd already done himself, now I was supposed to accompany him to some sort of meeting but he wouldn't even let me talk? None of this made any sense whatsoever.