Jace ~ Secret Santa

AN ~ Okay so a song to listen to while reading the last bit of this is 'Love me or Leave me' by little mix, I have incorporated their lyrics into this story and hope you enjoy it.

Feel free to leave any advice or DM me if you want me to continue this xxx

(y/n) POV:

I'm pacing my room once again, after another one of Jace and I's arguments. It always starts the same, him wanting to go off on an unsanctioned mission with Clary Fray and me not wanting anything to do with it.

God even her names annoy's me.

Clary has been here all of two weeks and she already has Jace doing all her biding, she walks around like she owns the place and even Izzy, MY parabatai is following her around like a lost puppy.

I know that what I'm feeling is jealousy, but I can't stop the green-eyed monster from making an appearance every time I see her interacting with Jace, all her flirty touches and girly giggles. At least Alec gets me, he dislike's her as much as me.

I've been pacing the same five metres for almost an hour now and I decide to go down to the training room to blow off some anger.

I change into a pair of workout leggings and throw on a sports bra and a loose tank top before carefully making my way towards the training room. I take special precautions to avoid Izzy knowing she'd kill me for even attempting to leave my room in fear of my overexerting myself.

Once I make it safely to the training room I strap the pads of my feet to give them extra grip that my shoes cannot provide, before going on to wrap my hands to add protection similar to that of wearing boxing gloves.

I roll my muscles, stretching them out and crack my ankles in an attempt to loosen the tension I feel.

I start pounding the punching back thinking back to all the times Clary has annoyed me. Which is just about every time I've been within a 20m diameter of her.

The first time I met Clary was when Jace came rushing in with her in his arms. At first, I thought nothing of it just expecting her to be an injured stray he picked up when on his mission with Alec and Izzy. But I soon learnt that the little red-headed girl was the reason Jace got distracted and almost killed by a demon. That and she was a new Shadowhunter.

I later discovered Izzy saying Jace took a strong liking towards the intruder which did not sit well with me. I shrugged it off knowing Jace wouldn't care about a mundane, especially such a physically weak one like Clary. However, I was soon proven wrong when she convinced him to let her little mundane friend into the institute and even told him about the Shadow world.

It was then I realised Jace may like the little redhead girl more than I'd like him to. He assured me on multiple occasions that he was only helping her to find her mother, as he knew what it was like to lose a parental figure. I understood at first, but that was before I knew Clary had a crush on him.

It was little at first but now she openly flirts with him, even when I'm there standing with them. It disgusts me really,

She disgusts me.

I continue hitting the punching bag, each punch becoming more and more powerful than the last until I slowly start to feel the blood from my knuckles slide down my hands.

I remove myself from the punching bag with great difficulty and go and grad Alec's bow and arrows.

He'd kill me if he knew I was touching them, but Alec's was the best in the institute and I often like to practice with them.