We stare into each other's eyes, embracing each other that way. And then he's smirking and leading me to a chair, pulling it out and all. I laugh with him, eat with him and share details of my life with him.

"So," I push my empty plate away, and look at Jace. "You aren't going to be staying with the Beets much longer?"

He chuckles and moves his plate out of the way as well. "Devastated?"

I shake my head with a laugh. "Definitely not. I will miss you being so close, though."

"Not much further now," he points out. "Plus, I'm sure I'll be staying at yours more often than I do here."

This makes me smile and look away because I can't contain it. The happiness I feel just by being in his presence is by far beyond anything I've ever felt. It's something I want to feel for the rest of my life.

"I want to see your room," I inform him, excited.

"Of course you do," he scoffs and I wiggle my eyebrows.

"What can I say?" I tilt my head. "I'm interested in anything Jace West."

He tilts his head back and lets out a laugh to which I do the same. "And I'm obsessed with anything Nina Mathews."

I blush, biting my lip. "Kind or creepy."

"Eh," he shrugs and stands up. "I only watch you sleep once a week."

I slap his chest when he comes around and he lets out a husky chuckle. I love this playful banter that we've got going on, it shows a whole new side to this man who I've always that brooding and arrogant.

"Edward Cullen is that you?" I tease. Jace pulls me to him with a smile and presses our lips together in a short, chaste kiss.

"Oh yes," he whispers against my lips. "I'm definitely a vampire."

I snort and he drags me towards the stairs.

"Good," I keep it going. "Because I only like blood sucking demons."

"Surprisingly," he pauses. "I'm not surprised."

Jerk.

We make it to the landing and then down a few steps where we come to a door. The slab is open and a lamp illuminates a very nicely cleaned room. Blue walls cage in a queen sized bed with blue and white sheets. A desk is in front of the window and there's a closet to my right.

"This is your room?" I question, already knowing it is. I take a step further into the space, looking around. Portraits of football players are hung on the wall with the occasional hockey star also.

"Yep," he follows me. "Nothing too fancy."

I snort, eyes taking in all of the decorations, a change from the ordinary room he resides in at the Beets. It's amazing how much I'm learning about him right now just by being in his room.

"I like it," I let him know, turning to him. His hands are in his jean pockets, and he's just...watching me again. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're so goddam gorgeous," he huskily answers my question and I blush again.

"Jace..." I don't even know what to say, couldn't possibly. He has a way with words as to where I don't. He makes it seem so easy, always saying the right thing to make me swoon.

"When I first met you I thought you were like the Beets," he explains, coming close to me. I have to look up at him. "Rich, uptight, ignorant and entitled. I thought you were going to be snobby and unbearable."