02.) out of the frying pan

Comenzar desde el principio

(—:: NO FURTHER EDITING HAS BEEN MADE BEYOND THIS POINT OF THE STORY .. )

     I stepped onto her porch, its dark colored wood creaking underneath every step I took. Before I could knock on the door, a noise had caught my attention. It was the small little coo of a cat, an adorable and affectionate meow. I jumped for a second, having been startled by the noise.

    But Pudding could never hurt me. She was a gentle cat, and much like her owner, was only insane when she wanted to be. "Oh, it's just you, Pudding," I sighed with a pitiful laugh. She meowed once more, waving her fluffy tail around before jumping over the fence and disappearing to who knows where that cat always wandered off to.

     Maybe she left to visit that wyvern that Lunar had contained in the basement of her shed. I wondered how that thing was doing anyway? It had been a while since she brought it up. According to her after the flood, though, she rescued the wyvern and transported it to her new house and kept it in the new shed of hers. But that was a while ago after the flood. That was what, maybe two years ago? Who knew if it was still around?

    The door slowly opened a crack, and in between that little space was the same pair of familiar grey eyes. With a small smile, she opened up the door wider for me to enter.

      "What'cha need?" I asked, stepping through the doorway with a bounce in my step.

   "The supplies. Did you make the food?" she asked, pushing the door closed as Pudding jolted in last second before she could be crushed by the door.

Looks like she didn't like the rain.

"Yeah, I made the food. Did you make the special effects potions?" I asked, scooping up Pudding into my arms to cradle her like a small fur-baby.

"Yep. This'll be the best sleepover we've had yet. Celebrating a Halloween themed party once more? That's what I like. Plus it's for Funneh, she deserves it," Lunar shrugged as I passed Puddling into her own arms.

"What's Draco working on?" I asked.

    "I dunno. He said that he would be setting up the place now. Good thing we can get into Funneh's house," Lunar cooed, petting Pudding as she purred in delight of being petted.

"Correction: her mansion. That house is epic," I giggled sheepishly.

"Very much true." She nodded her head.

Lunar bent down and slowly let go of Pudding, watching the cat stretch and groan before taking off up the stairs, followed by a loud ruckus of noise.

     I started to laugh as I pointed at Lunar's torso and body. "What's wrong?" she asked, confused.

    "How are you feline?" I laughed as I continued to point at her.

She looked down, her arms slightly outstretched. Pudding's light golden hair was sprinkled all over her, the result of holding her fluffy cat.

"You're an embarrassment," Lunar deadpanned, shaking her head as I laughed even harder.

    "What? I can't help myself from making puns! The cat doesn't got my tongue," I giggled.

"Okay, get out," she laughed, pushing me to the door before she promptly opened it. I stepped out with a smile and turned around as she shut the door, a laughing smile on her face.