Chapter 12

Today is the day they are finding out the gender of their baby. Grace is pretty nervous but she's also very excited to know. She arranged a party with Hannah and Mamrie. She would get an envelope with a gender on it and hand it to Hannah or Mamrie and they would do the rest for later that day.

Grace pulled up her pants with a stretch waist to fit over her expanding waist. She tucks her shirt in and pulls another one over it to finish her outfit and hide the belly just a little bit.

"Are you ready Sweetie?"

"Yes I'm coming." Chester was already waiting for her downstairs. Grace sprints down the stairs. Chester had already picked up her shoes and jacket.

"Thank you Honey." Grace puts everything on and walks towards the door but Chester grabs her arms and pulls her back.

"Why are you in a hurry all of a sudden?" Chester places his hand on Grace's stomach and she cringes a little. He ignores it but when he goes further she does it again. "What's wrong Grace?"

"Nothing. I'm just not feeling sexy today." She quickly pulls her jacket on and moves away from Chester. "I'm sorry."

"Let's just go. I get it Grace and it's okay. It's okay to feel that way and you can just tell me everything. I'm here for you even when you're having a down day."

Chester grabs Grace's hand and give it a little kiss before they walk outside. He locks the door behind them. They walk to the car in silence.

"What do you hope were having? I have this feeling it a little girl."

"I don't care what we're having. As long as it's healthy."

"How sweet of you. But what's your guess?"

"I'm feeling boy."

"We'll see later today.

"Welcome back Grace and Chester. Can you believe you're already 19 weeks pregnant?"

"No. It's going by way to fast. The first 11 weeks were like hell because I was so sick but I feel great now."

"That's good to hear. We're just going to have some other checks before we're going to look at the baby today because mama needs to be healthy too."

"I feel great today so let's go. I'm ready." Nurse Jane put on the blood pressure band and it started pumping and beeping.

"Your blood pressure is normal. I want to check your blood too but we can do that later and look at the baby first."

Grace pulled her sleeve back down and pulled her shirt up for the echo.

"Haha somebody is ready. Let's check out this baby." Chester takes Grace's hand and rubs it a little bit. She places her other hand on her stomach and touches it before they started scanning. "Let's find out what we're having so we can have out gender reveal party."

"Let's see if we can see." Jane places the probe with gel on Grace's stomach and the room was filled with a loud heartbeat. "Well the heart sounds good. A steady beat for now. I'm going to check some other things and discuss them later with you guys. Is that okay?" She took a picture of the babies heart and moved the probe a little.

"Yes that's fine. I'll just enjoy the pictures for now."

A softer heartbeat fills the room. It's slower than the one they heard earlier. Jane moves though Graces stomach and stops just to take a pictures before checking further.

"Grace everything looks great. Baby looks great and I've written down the gender of the baby but there is something I want to show you." She places the probe back on Grace's stomach and moves it around for a little bit. "You're having a second baby. But it's not twins."

Chester and Grace look shocked. "Something we call superfetation has happened. This means that while you were pregnant with your first baby your body formed another egg cell and you got pregnant again." Grace took a big breath and looked like she was going to faint.

"But how?" Grace turns to look at Chester. "It sounds a little weird to me."

"It does sound a little bit like an alien story but your second baby is about 2 weeks younger than your other baby. It check the other gender too and wrote it down on another card."

"So I'm pregnant with a 19 week old baby and a 17 week old baby? But when I deliver both will come out at the same time?"

"Yes and we'll still call them twins when they are born."

"This is the weirdest thing I have ever heard. But everything is okay?"

"Yes both babies are doing fine and are developing at their own pace. I don't expect any problems with this pregnancy. So we're done here for now."

Grace moves up and turns so she can sit on the edge of the table after Jane cleaned her stomach.

"We're done for now, here is the envelop and have a nice day. See you guys in a couple weeks."

"Thank you for today. See you in a couple weeks"

Grace and Chester sit down in the car. Grace is holding the envelop with the genders.

"We have to tell Hannah or Mamrie about this so they can organize all of it."

"This is going to be a big shock for everybody. I can't believe this even happened to us. I love it don't get me wrong but it's so weird."

"I think I'm going to tell Hannah so that Mamrie will also be surprised."

"Whatever you want darling."

Grace grabs her phone and dials Hannah's number. She picks up after 3 rings.

"Hi Grace. Are you guys done?"

"Yes we're on our way but I need to tell you something before we get to you. We're having twins but not really twins."

"What do you mean?"

"I somehow got pregnant twice. So I'm pregnant with two babies with different due dates."

"That sound interesting."