Short Epiligue.

Sakura opened the door sleepily. Three ANBU's stood in front of her.

"Are you looking for Mio- nee?"

"We are here about her," one of them stated. "Call your parents, please."

"MOMMY! DADDY!" Sakura called loudly, and the three exchanged a look.

That was not exactly what they meant.

"Yes?" the tired woman asked.

"Itachi Uchiha has betrayed the village, killing all of his clan but his little brother. Sasuke is now at the hospital, being taken care of."

"Mio was with Itachi," her father said, his mind crawling to the painful news, trying to deny it.

"Mio was found dead." Sakura stood there, the statement not quite understandable.  "We came to the conclusion that she wasn't willing to let Itachi leave- or maybe it was before he murdered them."

"My daughter is dead?"

"I am sorry-"

"Don't say you're sorry," she hissed, "tell me my daughter isn't dead!"

"My sincere apology, but I must leave."

As the ANBU's left, the sobs of a broken family could be heard well through the street, but no one did or said or came to comfort them.

*~*

Sakura wasn't willing to let her sister die.

The fact that she was dead didn't stop her. She chased down every road her sister walked through. Falling in love for an Uchiha, becoming a ninja and making her parents smile proudly and fondly of their daughter.

Slowly things crumbled down.

She no longer had long hair as she followed her Uchiha. Begging him not to go, she expected death to come upon her.

Only as she fell down to the ground, conciseness slipping away, did she understand.

Itachi was not the one who killed Mio.

So, when she sat next to her grave, three weeks later, hair freshly cut back to as short as it was right after the Forest of Death, she finally came to terms with the fact her sister was gone.

 And with letting her go came the opportunity for her to shine. She would become stronger than her sister ever could be.

🎉 You've finished reading A Ridiculous Love Story (Naruto\ Itachi Uchiha Fanfiction)NarutoWattyAwards2014 🎉