I knocked on his door a little nervous because I seen all of these cars in the driveway. His friends were here.

He soon opened the door.

"Wassup Sis" He said pulling me into a hug.

"Hey Jay" I said covering up my face with my hand. I didn't think this through.

He led me into his living room. I seen two familiar faces.

"Yall know Braelynn, Braelynn this Tyler and Chris. You know them." He was right, I used to see them around school all the time plus when Jay still lived with us they would come over there.

I waved at them. Chris gave me a nod and Tyler just stared at me.

How rude. They got up and headed towards the door.

"We gone catch you later nigga" Chris said dapping Jay. Tyler followed.

"Aight pimpin" Tyler told Javion before giving me one last once over.

"Bye lil mama" Chris told me before walking out. Tyler left also.

"So Wassup?" My brother said plopping on the couch grabbing the remote.

"Nothing, I just wanted to spend some time with my brother"

"Sto- what is that on your face?" He asked gripping my jaw and turning my head.

"I-Its nothing" I studdered.

"Nothing my ass, this a bruise."

Duh nigga.

"Who did this mane" he asked getting angry.

One thing that Javion hated was a liar. And plus he was already upset, I wouldn't dare try it.

"Trey"

"Who?!" He exclaimed through gritted teeth.

"My boyf- my ex, Trey."

"Say less" he said getting up.

"What's his last name?" He asked.

"Simpson, why?" I asked getting up and following him into the kitchen.

He looked down at me and let out a dry laugh.

"You know where he live?"

"Javion please don't do what I'm thinking you're going to do." I said realizing that what he needed all this information for.

He ignored me and started typing away on his phone.

"Javion" I called out.

"What Brae, this nigga hit you. The fuck?" He asked getting even angrier.

"I know but-"

"Don't start making no excuses for him" he warned. "Cause you know I don't give a fuck"

I just grabbed my keys and stomped out of the house.

As much as I hate Trey right now, I really don't want him dead.

I couldn't bare it. He was my boyfriend of 9 months and as much as I hate to admit, I really do love him. And I know that my brother doesn't care about how I feel about the situation. The moment I told him that Trey had hit me he'd set his eyes on the prize, which was Trey's head.

I decided to go to Saniyah's house. When I pulled up, She was sitting on the porch looking at nothing in particular. She was staring into space.

I got out and sat beside her.

"Are you okay? Why are you out here?" I asked her.

She looked up at me with her big eyes and that told me everything I needed to know.

"Is she doing it again?"

She slowly nodded.

"You wanna stay with me?"

"Not tonight, I can't keep running from my problems. I'll have to face them sooner or later."

"Well are you sure?" I asked interlocking my fingers with hers.

"Yeah, I love you"

"I love you too" I told her. I sat there for a while staring at the trees across the road.

"Well let me go pick Kimani up from school. If you need anything just give me a call okay?" I assured her before standing up.

She gave me a nod. I went to my car and went to Kimani's school.

I sat in my car waiting for her to come out. I watched as she walked out of the entrance with her friends and her little boyfriend.

As she got in the car she looked over my face.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I don't want to talk about it" I mumbled pulling off.

"You might as well tell me, because you know once dad finds out... No one will hear the end of it." She said smartly. For a 15 year old she sure did have a lot of attitude.

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Trey hit me"

"Oh my gosh Brae, are you okay?"

"Yeah Mani, I just wish this would've never happened. It's going to be so much...so much conflict behind this. Knowing Dad he's going to press charges and everything." I sighed.

All I really wanted to do was go home and go to sleep.
__________

Later that night...

Javion

"Trey Simpson, Trey simpson" Chris repeated over and over to see if he knew anything about this nigga.

"I don't know shit" he said.

I sighed rubbing my hand down my face.

"Aye, what's Kevin last name?" Tyler asked.

"Simpson wh-, oh shit." I chris said.

"This makes it even better" I told them.

"You can't kill the boy, you just gone be declaring war on the nigga." Tyler told me.

"Well what the fuck can I do?" I huffed.

"I'm pretty sure if you make your move right now, Kevin will know it was us. And as of right now, we don't know what the fuck these niggas got up their sleeve. Lets say...give it about two months tops." Chris explained.

"Two months too long"

"Look just think about it, the whole situation will be blown over, no one will even be thinking about it anymore. Then go for the kill, I'm telling you he won't suspect a thing"

"Mane okay, what you think Ty?" I said turning to Tyler.

"Im with Chris on this one. We can't risk everything over this shit. Think with ya head, not ya gun"

"Yall should know where the fuck I'm coming from. Tyler you got a little sister, what would you do if a nigga hit her? Huh?"

Tyler ass stayed quiet. Like I fucking thought.

"And chris, you got a damn daughter. I know you would shoot a nigga heart out his chest over that one. Wouldn't you?"

Chris nodded.

"We not saying we wouldn't but just consider the circumstances." Chris started. "Sit ya hot head ass down man. We dig what you saying but come on now." He said pulling his phone out.

I just shook my head.

"Im finna dip. Ima see yall niggas whenever"

"Don't do nothing stupid nigga" Tyler called out.

"No promises" I said before walking out of the trap.
____________

¤ Braelynn ¤

After listening to my Father going on and on about the situation, I was finally dismissed to my room. Praise the Lord.

I sat on my bed looking at nothing in particular. I soon curled up into a ball under my covers and bawled my eyes out. All of this was just so overwhelming. All I wanted to do was finish school and this whole situation was going to be a disruption, I feel it.