Chapter 2 - From Captains to Kings

The two weeks passed, and the captains and general were now getting ready for the counselor of Atlantis to arrive.

Each of them was wearing their armor, helmets off. The armor was silver with white and gold swirling designs for the captains, and it was silver with white and red designs for the general. The other soldiers' armor was silver with white and blue designs.

Sarah had her two specialized swords in the sheaths strapped to her back. Her reddish-brown hair was pulled back in a neat french braid. Her brown eyes, which were flecked with gold and had a ring of blue around the pupil, were complemented by her light freckles and glowy smile.

Joe had his sword in the sheath strapped at his side. His blonde hair was neatly combed and styled, the front spiked up. Cody also had his spear strapped to his back, his normally messy black hair styled like his brother's. Both of them had chocolate brown eyes, Cody's having a distinct gold ring around the pupils and Joe's fading into blue at the pupils. They shared a charming smile that could make any girl's heart melt.

"You guys ready for this?" Sarah asked as she slid on her black leather gloves and gauntlets. The gloves served as the main protection for their hands; the gauntlets went about halfway up their forearm and just over the top of their hands.

"To see the counselor, let alone anyone, from Atlantis?" Cody started.

"Nope, not at all," Joe finished with a smile.

Sarah was honestly surprised. This meeting had been the only thing that either of them had talked about since the day they were told about it.

"I would have thought that you of all people, Cody, would be ready for this," she stated.

"I just wish that we would have had more time to prepare mentally for this. I mean, it was only two weeks! Fourteen days! Uh...336-" Sarah interrupted Cody before he got down to the mere seconds they had had.

"Cody, it's fine. Don't freak out now. Besides, it's not like we're meeting the king or queen or anything. It's just the counselor."

"I'm surprised you could figure out how many hours that was in your head," they heard Joe mumble.

Cody quickly gave a playful glare at his brother before taking a deep breath and saying, "I know, I know. I just need to," he paused, taking another deep breath. "I just need to clear my mind and go."

He then walked out, leaving Sarah slightly concerned for him.

"Hey, he'll be fine," Joe said, reassuring her before following his brother. The general soon followed after.

~~{/\}~~

The time had come. Counselor Rasmus of Atlantis had arrived in the overworld and was stepping out of the submarine that he had used to travel to the surface. His guards followed behind him as he made his way to the castle.

"Sir-" one of the guards started before being cut off by the counselor.

"I am fully aware. It has been far too many years since anyone from Atlantis traveled to the surface. Let them look; most of these people were only children when the heirs were brought up, too young to remember seeing anyone," Rasmus responded.

In the castle, everyone was waiting. The king was ready to see an old friend once again. The prince was ready to see the friend that his father talked so much about. Everyone else was waiting to see someone from the legendary kingdom.

Everyone was tense with excitement. And then, the doors opened. Rasmus walked in, followed by his personal guards. A simultaneous breath could be heard throughout the throne room. The people, minus King Rowan, were surprised, not expecting the counselor to look as he did.