"You're right," though her body disagree, "I think they'll be cutting the cake soon."

"And I heard it was good," Jade smiled, standing up and straightening her dress from the creases. "Bella said it was a red velvet cake with vanilla buttercream filling and chocolate ganache. Definitely don't want to miss it."

Perrie didn't answer her, only stared. The brunette smelled like flowers, she thought. She didn't know which ones, but some sort of mysterious and lush bouquet that smelled sweet. Her eyes were dark, yet luminous, holding some sort of secret she wished she knew. And her lips... they were full and beautiful. Wouldn't they taste every bit as the wedding cake?

To hell with it.

"I know this is out of the line, so I'm apologizing in advance."

She took the brunette's shoulders and pulled Jade to her. Those secretive eyes widened in surprise just moments before their lips met.

Jade didn't jerk away, or laugh it off as a joke. Instead, she made the same noise she made when the blonde rubbed her neck, only a little breathier. She grabbed hold of the blonde's hips and parted her lips.

Like her scent, she tasted sweet; sweeter than any type of cake the blonde had ever tasted, better than anything she's ever had in her mouth. She was dark, warm, and sensual. When Jade's hands moved up her back, she took a little more. Then Perrie changed angles, still taking more as the pleasure consumed her.

All Perrie could think about was snatching the brunette in her arms and carrying her off to any dark room within the building to finish what an impulsive moment started.

But the moment ended when the brunette's beeper went off on her waist. Jade jolted back, lips swollen from the best kiss she's ever experienced so far. And any of her friends could vouch that there's been a lot of kisses.

Jade looked down. "It's Lauren," she said. "Uhm...hold that thought," she lifted her finger and dug in her clutch for her cell phone. "Laur? I just got beeped, what's wrong?" Jade paused. "It's okay, it's not too late. I'm on my way. Don't worry, stop crying. I'm sure everything will be fine. Because I know," she insisted. "Listen, I'm getting in my car right now, and I'm coming over. Honey, I'm coming."

Jade looked at her cellphone and then at a staring Perrie. "Her mom's in the hospital. I have to go."

"Do you want me to - "

The brunette shook her head, "No, it's fine. Her mother just had a minor heart attack, she's out in recovery and is expected to come home in a couple of days, but knowing Lauren, she's freaking out, and just needs someone to comfort her. I'll call you tomorrow." She promised.

Perrie let her go, and rubbed her lips dry from the moisture left behind. Her moisture, she thought. She needed a long drink, a strong drink.
***

The next morning, Jade went to work as always, starting her day off with an extra-large coffee and heading to the backroom to do some stock up. She made a list of all the flowers she was short of and then sent Camila on an errand.

Leaving her alone in the shop only made it worse. The silence was taunting her, making her think of things she shouldn't be thinking about. Like Perrie kissing her the night before.

What did it mean?! Should it mean anything? A kiss was just a kiss, a product of a heated moment. And that's exactly what they had. They ignited such heat that a dozen candles would've been lit.

She closed her eyes at the recent memory. The blonde's hands on her sun kissed skin, running down her bare arms, her breath dancing on her skin. The blonde's lips pressing against hers. Her soft, delicate body supporting hers. Jade sighed and could almost feel Perrie's fingers along her collarbones.