The Equinox Battle

The time of Equinox is here. The duel is about to start. It's a duel to death. The opponents are two sisters, the seasons.
Winter, so white and beautiful. She can also be fierce and cold. She is known to bring both happiness and sadness. It is during her time that beautiful white snow flakes wrap up the earth. She brings the time for comfort and good food, for a friendly hand and warmth. She is the time for home.
Spring, so warm and sunny. She is a rebirth. She has a dark side that no one knows about. She brings happiness and hope to people all around the world. People look forward for her time. She is the time for fun and outside activities. No matter how long Winter takes, Spring is sure to follow.
This fight broke out because of a misunderstanding. Both seasons think that the people favor the other season the most. Now both the seasons want more time to reign. They want to eliminate the other. Their sisters Summer and Autumn had tried to clear this up between them but to no avail. Both Winter and Spring won't listen to them.
Winter and Spring are standing on either side of the battlefield. Summer and Autumn are standing on the sidelines. A fairy walks towards the center of the field and vanishes dropping a flag signaling the start of the fight.
The moment the flag touches the ground, Winter sends out an icy blast towards Spring. Spring blocks the blast by creating a shield of vines. This annoyed Winter. Spring send out a beam of sunlight at Winter which she blocked using a shield of ice. Seeing that this was going nowhere, they advanced at each other. They conjured up swords and clashed. It was a deadly dance. They were both injured badly. The magic intensity in the field rose to extreme levels as the sisters prepared to make the final move.
Summer and Autumn knew they had to stop the fight. Enough was enough. They sprang into action. They jumped into the middle of the field and prepared to shield themselves from the power that was released from their sisters.
Suddenly everything stopped. All the sisters looked around surprised. They saw Mother Nature floating above them.
"This fight has gone long enough" she said.
"I've been watching you all from the beginning. I created each of you seasons with a purpose that only you could fulfill. You are all made unique in your own way."
"Winter and Spring, listen to me carefully. You are both equally important. Without the coldness of Winter, no one would appreciate the warmth of Spring. And without spring no one would appreciate winters unique beauty."
"All the seasons are needed to maintain the balance in this world. Don't be the reason for its destruction"
With this said Mother Nature just vanished.
Winter and Spring apologized to each other and all the seasons promised never to fight. Everything was peaceful again.