eight

It was a bright Monday morning when Cam heard the birds chirping outside her window. She rolled over and saw it perched on the ledge. She rolled her eyes and got out of bed. She looked through her closet and settled on a plain white shirt and a pair of shirts. She put on a necklace and two rings. A moon which her mother got her before she died and a sun which Bruce got her so he could be with her in some way. She ran down the stairs into the kitchen. She saw the family but didn't look at them.

"Cam, we need to talk," Bruce says getting up and grabbing his plate.

"Can it wait till after school?" she asked grabbing a piece of bread and her lunch.

"Now." She stopped what she was doing and grabbed the plate Alfred made for her. She's had so many talks with Bruce that she already knew the drill. She walked in his study and dropped her bag by the chair. She started eating while he sat down.

"What do you need?"

"I want to apologize," he said.

"Cool. Can I go?"

"Now is the time that you apologize." Cam stopped eating and looked at him confused.

"For what?"

"You know. That whole incident that happened with Joker."

"Oh you mean the part where I caught the Joker? Saved your life?" He let out some sort of laugh but it didn't sound like it.

"What do you mean saved my life? He shot you and beat you. I saved your life."

"Sure you did. I'm going," she said grabbing her bag.

"Camilla Wayne!" She turned and saw him standing with with back hunched over, looking down. He breathed in and looked at her. "Look all I want is for you to know that you made a mistake and acknowledge it."

"What mistake? I'm fine. I'm not dead."

"But you could have been-That's not the point! Looked you screwed up. It's not the first time and most likely not the last."

"Fine. You want an apology? Here's one. I'm sorry that you can't see how I saved you. I'm sorry that you think I'm reckless. I'm sorry that I'm a complete and utter fuck up. That I'm not like your other minions. That I don't have a tragic and horrible backstory. There! Is that the apology you wanted?!" Bruce was silent. There was tension in the air. Cam was on the verge of crying and Bruce felt terrible inside.She grabbed her bag and stormed off with the tears finally spilling over.

"Cam-" he said trying to get her back but it was to late.

"Cam?" Steph asked while coming out of the kitchen. Cam grabbed her keys and turned to look at Bruce.

"I hope you rot in hell," she said. She turned and walked out the front door and entered her car. She reversed and sped out of the driveway.

"What the hell, Bruce?! She was my ride," Steph said.

"Me too," Cass said. Bruce rolled his eyes and grabbed his keys.

"I'll take you all."
~
"Miss Wayne?"

"Yes, Mr. Thomas?"

"Do you know the four major points that started World War I?"

"Military, allies, nationalism, imperialism, and assassination."

"Good job Miss Wayne. May I see you after class?"

"Yes sir," she said looking down. She continued with writing notes, patiently waiting for the end of class. When the bell rang she watched everyone else leave.

"I'll see you at lunch, right?" Zatanna asked before leaving.

"Yeah. This won't be long. Probably my grade or something," she said closing her spiral and putting it in her bag.

"This doesn't concern you, Miss Zatara," Mr. Thomas said from behind his desk. She rolled her eyes and turned around.

"I'll be in the cafeteria, Cam," she said walking out. "Bye, Mr. Thomas," she said waving. He smiled at her. She closed the door and after about a minute he went over and locked it. Cam got up from her desk and rushed over towards him leaping in his arms.

"I thought she'd never leave," he said. Cam kissed him hard.

"I was scared she wouldn't leave." He set her on his desk while they made out. He slid off her shirt while she undid his belt. He unbuttoned her shorts and wiggled out of them. She was giggling and he fell a little more in love. He looked up at her and saw the hunger in her eyes. Without another thought he pushed in her. She threw her head back and let out a loud moan.

"God you feel good," he said pumping in and out of her. She couldn't stop saying 'fuck' under her breath.
~
Cam pulled her shirt over her head while Mr. Thomas handed her her shorts back.

"You still have a good 15 minutes of lunch left," he said. She smiled at him and he back at her. She grabbed his tie and pulled him in for a kiss.

"When am I going to see you again?" she asked.

"Well Judy and I are going out friday night."

"Where?"

"Your father is throwing a gala at Gotham's art museum."

"Shit I forgot about that," she said buttoning her shorts. She bent over and grabbed her backpack. He took that as the perfect opportunity to spank her ass.

"Ooh, Mr. Thomas. Getting a little handsy there," she said turning around and smirking. She leaned over the desk. "Do you wanna do it again?" He rolled his eyes and looked at her ass. He examined it and decided not too.

"You better go before someone suspects anything." Cam stood up frowning.

"You're no fun." He pulled her in by her waist earning a yelp from Cam.

"Don't worry. You'll be fine." He kissed her tenderly. Softly. Gently. It was passionate. Something different from their usual hungry kisses. Cam smiled big and walked over to the door.

"I'll see you Friday night?" she said unlocking the door and opening it.

"Most certainly. Oh!" he said a little loud. She turned. "And tell your dad thanks for the invite." He winked at her and she rolled her eyes.

"Bye, Mr. Thomas."

"Bye, Miss Wayne."