Prologue

In December of 2046, an unknown country sent several nuclear bombs to America. The proud United States of America were replaced with helpless destruction and desolation. Two percent of Americans survived, left to die on the chemically polluted nation. Some survivors gave up on their life, and others transferred their grief into anger and did something about it. They began to build. Day by day, week by week, more survivors died. But a dome rose from the ground, a new safe haven from the corruption. It grew taller and larger, the survivors fighting for the future of their children. Young, elderly, and weak who survived were forced underground where it was considerably safer. People were sent out to find water, to find food, to brave what was left and fight to stay alive.

Eight years later, the dome was completed enough for inhabitants. Those left moved into the dome, each taking their place in the reforming society and continued to build inside the dome. Slowly, over many and many years, the destruction formed into a civilized people. They were divided into three sections, The King's Land, The People's Land, and The Woods. The society was born, and the system of life was established once again.

The new nation changed their leadership to a monarchy, purposely and carefully selecting the few who would rule over them. A new dynasty was born amongst the new king and his reign. Inventors were tasked with creating a security system strong enough to prevent their growing kingdom from ever being destroyed again. They made cameras and called them, SafeWatchers. They were placed in every room, in every corner. Their sole purpose, to keep and eye on the people inside of the dome. If anything were to go wrong, they would know immediately. Privacy and freedom were eliminated from life.

With the freedom that America once promised, communication and culture were also eliminated. All ties were broken with allies and friend nations. Every idea or thing that intertwined with any other country or culture were deleted from the people's brains and opinions. The SafeWatchers and government did the thinking for the people and told them right from wrong. And it told them that their king was the only good leader left and that every person or idea that went against him, went against them all.

The second king in the youthful nation's history, ruled adoption to be against everything the new monarch stood for, locking every adopted child, teenager, and adult outside of the dome to fend for themselves and die. He took the throne, built himself a castle, forcing men to work for him to protect the dome and castle. King Lexort, a man who once was a good father to his adopted son and biological daughter, a good husband to his wife, and a fair and kind man took the throne. He remained that way until the power got to his head. He became obsessed with being perceived as the face of perfection and maintaining a flawless kingdom. He tightened security on the people, taxed them out of their money, made laws for the laws, and let himself become unethical and selfish. He, himself, made the commands against international affairs and ruled immigrants adopted citizens unworthy of living in the dome. He sacrificed his son and the decision turned his heart into darkness. He began to take out his anger on his only daughter, Magnolia. In the same year, he did not remain loyal to his sickening wife and the woman he had an affair with, gave birth to a child. Another daughter, Valeri, who would remain hidden for years of her life.

Over the course of a twisted decade, many were banished outside of the dome to face the radiated soaked earth as punishment for an array of reasons. Outside of the dome became nicknamed, "The Outside" for short and both the banishment itself and the radiation became feared by all. Many hearts grew to hate the king, rebellions raised against him and all he stood for. But never a rebellion strong enough to last long, much less end the his cruel reign.